SOLD!! Meinl Weston 5450 "Thor" CC Tuba $12,000 OBO

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Sparkergolf
bugler
bugler

SOLD!! Meinl Weston 5450 "Thor" CC Tuba $12,000 OBO

Post by Sparkergolf »

This horn has been sold!

Thanks everyone!!!

Up for sale is my Thor. It is in great shape, only a few minor dings and scratches (all are shown in pictures).

As always from a Thor: amazing response, impeccable intonation, and the best low register I’ve ever witnessed.

Was recently chem-cleaned, had new valve guides and felts installed and valves aligned. Had water keys added to the 3rd and 4th valve knuckles so the horn drains completely without spinning and dumping. Also had new wheels put on the case.

I hate to let her go, but I am downsizing. Just don’t have a gig that can stand up to this beast.

Located in Columbia, SC

$12,000 plus Greyhound shipping OBO

Thanks!!!
Last edited by Sparkergolf on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scott Parker
pedaltoned
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Meinl Weston 5450 "Thor" CC Tuba $12,000 OBO

Post by pedaltoned »

Good look with the horn. A fantastic instrument!
Sparkergolf
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Meinl Weston 5450 "Thor" CC Tuba $12,000 OBO

Post by Sparkergolf »

Bump. Lots of interest so far, just waiting for someone to pull the trigger. It will be first come, first serve.

At this point I am not interested in trades.

Thanks!

Scott
Scott Parker