SchillerAmericanHeritage 5ValveRotary CTuba $1500 obo/trade

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
geomiklas
3 valves
3 valves

SchillerAmericanHeritage 5ValveRotary CTuba $1500 obo/trade

Post by geomiklas »

Jinbao MiraClone 186, compare to a new one at , Jim Laabs $1985.00

This horn is USED! It has scratches and small dents. The most significant dent is on the bottom bow, and is seen in the pictures - you'll agree it is still relatively small. Recently, this horn was played everyday, and performed in Liberty University Symphony Orchestra. Some nickel plating has lifted (see the tape on the horn in the pictures). Some of the lifting is due to old small dents (top of the 5th valve slide crook, and bottom near the water key), but also one spot on the upper bow. Pick up is preferred. Shipping available, for cost of boxing and shipping.

Original foam case is included. Case wheels and handles are damaged. Case protects the instrument very well.

----------------MANUFACTURER'S WEB NARRATIVE----------------
The Attitude, the Authority, the American Tuba Sound.

The Schiller American Heritage 5 Valve Rotary C Tuba Nickel Plated opens up all the registers in a big substantive American Sound. The Nickel Leadpipe with all Nickel Silver Tubing lead the way to the big 17 3/4″ Bell. A 5 valve rotary mechanism is smooth and responsive and the traditional Open Wrap design keeps air flowing smoothly all the way down to the subsonic registers. The Schiller American Heritage CC 5 Valve Rotary C Tuba Nickel Plated comes complete with a genuine Schiller Mouthpiece and a Hard Case with wheels. Reclaiming the American Tuba Heritage.
Last edited by geomiklas on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
1967 Mirafone 186 CC 5U Tuba
1974 Mirafone 184 CC 5U Tuba
1948 Besson 2-20 CC Sousaphone
2022 Eastern Music (Jinbao) C 4U Euphonium
WANTED: Miraphone 56A 5U C Kaiser Baritone (5 or 4+1) :tuba:
geomiklas
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Schiller American Heritage 5 Valve Rotary C Tuba $1500

Post by geomiklas »

Listed on eBay today. I would like to sell it here on TubeNet so that I am not charged the eBay sales commission. Also I would really like the buyer to pick it up, so that I can deliver it in the excellent condition that it is in right now and not have fear that a carrier might damage it.
MackBrass
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Re: Schiller American Heritage 5 Valve Rotary C Tuba $1500

Post by MackBrass »

I wouldn't be comparing Nickel with silver, they are hugely different. Nickel is about the lowest cost finish you can put on a instrument, yes, less than lacquer because you dont have to buff prior to the nickel process. If you want a better price comp then it really should be compared with the cost of a lacquer instrument. good luck.
Tom McGrady
MACK Brass of Virginia LLC
Email: Sales@mackbrass.com" target="_blank
http://www.mackbrass.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
804-926-7707
geomiklas
3 valves
3 valves

Re: SchillerAmericanHeritage 5ValveRotary CTuba $1500 obo/tr

Post by geomiklas »

I can still ship Friday, August 3rd. If you're looking and want it before September. Contact me off list George@GeorgeMiklas.com" target="_blank" target="_blank

It is listed on eBay, but we can take care of it off eBay. I will be on a road tour and can deliver the tuba for free, with a convenient meeting place along the route. See my dates and cities below.

Offers? Trades? I can use an F tuba, or a rotary valve euphonium. Send me an email with a description and pictures of what you've got and we can talk about it. George@GeorgeMiklas.com" target="_blank" target="_blank

August 4th depart Lynchburg VA, arrive Grove City PA
August 5th Warren, Ohio
August 6th through 10th, Grove City, PA
August 11th depart Sharon PA, arrive Greenwood IN
August 12th Greenwood IN
August 13th depart Greenwood IN, arrive St. Louis MO
August 13th through 19th, St. Louis MO
August 19th depart St. Louis MO, arrive Lynchburg VA.