Besson BBb Recording Style Tuba-SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Davidacoombs2
bugler
bugler

Besson BBb Recording Style Tuba-SOLD

Post by Davidacoombs2 »

I am looking to sell an old Besson BBb Recording Style Tuba. Made in England. Has Dents and lacquer wear but plays just fine. American shank receiver. Comes with 2 piece hard case.All valves and slides work. Very solid option for a budget horn that will do what you need it to do. Can work out shipping by Greyhound but would be better to meet up in person. I live in Panama City Beach and would be willing to drive anywhere in about a 5 hour range. Looking for $500, negotiable. Attaching a google drive link with pictures because they are too big to upload here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by Davidacoombs2 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
obreitys
bugler
bugler

Re: Besson BBb Recording Style Tuba

Post by obreitys »

Very interesting! Never seen one of these Bessons before.
Davidacoombs2
bugler
bugler

Post by Davidacoombs2 »

Bump for price drop
Davidacoombs2
bugler
bugler

Post by Davidacoombs2 »

Bump, still available
Davidacoombs2
bugler
bugler

Post by Davidacoombs2 »

Bump, Still available and price dropped to $600
Davidacoombs2
bugler
bugler

Post by Davidacoombs2 »

Bump, Still looking to get this tuba moved, price dropped to $500
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

Nice horn. I had one of these several years ago. Great player, just couldn't see around the *&^%$ bell :)
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.
kathott
bugler
bugler

Post by kathott »

The B&H Model 225 is a fantastic instrument, an age of quality. Americans are generally suspicious of British instruments, with the workmanship & heritage of the old Kings, Conns and Holtons being hard to beat. I love playing my own bell front B&H BBb, a very colourful and substantial sound. The low end is awesome, once you figure things out. Can you give a hint as to the serial number, for comparison purposes? (ex. - 1234XX)
Last edited by kathott on Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schmenge Kaiser EEb, 3 valve (two rotors, one piston), with a Kosicup mouthpiece (9.2 mm)
Ken Herrick
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ken Herrick »

As long as the valves are good, this would be a great - and CHEAP - pick up for somebody who wanted a good sounding, good tuning, axe for all sorts of playing. I find it hard to believe nobody has grabbed it at this price - especially with the cases!
Back in the 60's these were THE thing in University bands before Mira 186 then MW 25's came into the market at lower prices. The U of Il had about 10 in the symphonic band tuba section.

By the way, at that time they came with a "tuning" bit which, if you had the American shank size, worked great and made the sight lines and ergonomics work.
Free to tuba: good home
Karituba
bugler
bugler

Post by Karituba »

Would buy in a heart beat.... but I’m in Ohio not Florida
20 tubas and counting
Pelagius
bugler
bugler

Post by Pelagius »

Karituba wrote:Would buy in a heart beat.... but I’m in Ohio not Florida
I know that all too well.
Davidacoombs2
bugler
bugler

Post by Davidacoombs2 »

Bump, trying to put this tuba out there again, price is negotiable
Karituba
bugler
bugler

Post by Karituba »

Funny Story.... Traded my Conn 14K for a tuba just like this. These are wonderful tubas
20 tubas and counting