SOLD PENDING FUNDS: Bach 50B3O Bass trombone FS Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

SOLD PENDING FUNDS: Bach 50B3O Bass trombone FS

Postby Ed Vinson » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:32 pm

I’m selling my Bach 50B3O for $2,500 (plus shipping). Located in Alexandria VA. The instrument is all yellow brass, has a 9.5 inch bell, and is in fantastic condition both mechanically and cosmetically. The lacquer scores a 99% and it only has one very minor ding in the bell. Included with the complete instrument is the original hard case as well as an additional Bach 50 slide (2 years old). The original slide was damaged and repaired extremely well but I also purchased a brand new slide. The instrument was originally owned by the Air Force and traded to Baltimore Brass where I purchased it in 2015. The serial number makes the fabrication date somewhere in the very late 90’s/early 2000’s. Serial #1407XX. Please note that the Greenhoe rest bar in the pictures will not be included with the instrument.

Pictures:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/k3V9BQqWc7LxxFwV8" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by Ed Vinson on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reputable large German CC
Reputable large Japanese F
Reputable large American Bass Trombone
Ed Vinson
bugler
bugler

Re: Bach 50B3O Bass trombone FS

Postby bloke » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:57 pm

1/ Ed and I aren't very well acquainted, so I'm not shilling for him here.
2/ I've tried to pick up bass trombone as an effective double three different times in my life.
3/ I have done "good jobs" playing them at gigs, but had to practice WAY to hard to do so, so no...not again.
4/ WERE I to nudge myself into giving it a 4th "go", I would buy one of these (in this sort of fabulous condition...and just this particular version of a Bach...bell size, configuration, and materials) or the new JP-333 "Rath".
5/ The pricing (at least, it seems to me) is stupid-low here, particularly with TWO slides as (surely) there are some gigs where there is a higher likelihood of accidents (close-quarters $40 big-band gigs in bars, etc.)

...other basses with gimmick valves...interchangeable mouthpipe tubes (where one is used 100% of the time), special alloy metals spliced in here/there...I'm a skeptic of those sorts of things. BUY THIS BASS TROMBONE !
bloke
musician/technician/innovator
musician/technician/innovator

Return to For Sale by Owner