Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
texastuba
lurker
lurker

Post by texastuba »

Its still getting cleaned so I will have pics later, but this is Tony Kniffin's old Yorkbrunner. It was worked on by Martin Wilk, and it's a 1984/5 vintage.

It has MAW valves, and comes with a custom gig bag.

Looking to get $15k for it, and its located in texas. Looking to trade for a pt-6+cash

You can contact me at corey.anderson@ttu.edu" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by texastuba on Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
akniffen
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Yorkbrunner hb-50 FS/trade

Post by akniffen »

This is an extremely efficient Yorkbrunner, very dark and powerful, but clear. I played some of my best big-tuba concerts on it, including the CSO Brass album. Because of the mods, it does not play like a standard Yorkbrunner. Think of a Bb you can play like a CC. Pitch is closer than a regular Yorkbrunner. Typical stuffy-ness in notes just below CC has been turned in to the best notes on the horn by MAW. AAb is simply awesome.
tubabrandon
bugler
bugler

Post by tubabrandon »

Email and pm sent.
Obeeron
bugler
bugler

Post by Obeeron »

Is this horn still available and do you have dimensions on the horn, maybe some pics? I'm 6'3", 280...can muscle a big horn pretty well. Please let me know at your earliest convenience!

Thanks!
Well...there it is!!!