Silver Gronitz PCK - SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
CC
pro musician
pro musician

Silver Gronitz PCK - SOLD

Post by CC »

SOLD

Silver Gronitz PCK, CC tuba. 5 valves (4P+1 RT). Could be considered 6/4 but closer to a 5/4. Silver is 100% some marks but horn in superb condition. Tweaked and customized by Martin Wilk, this one is a heck of a player. It has the zip but doesn’t get bright and also has a terrific low register, “g” at top of staff runs high, everything else runs where it should. Includes black leather Cronkhite bag in very good/great condition.

This is by far the best example of these I’ve ever played and I’ve played about a dozen. I can also say with confidence that it outplays any of the dozens of Nirschls I've played over the years.
That said, I'm open to trades + cash as I need to move this horn.

$13,550

Horn is located in Nashville, TN

PM or Email me directly at chris[dot]combest[at]gmail[dot]com

Last edited by CC on Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Chris Combest
Nashville, TN
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Silver Gronitz PCK w/ Leather Cronkhite bag

Post by thevillagetuba »

This used to be my horn and is by far the best 6/4 I have ever played. Big, easy sound that is easy to control. If you are in the market for a horn like this, then you should contact Chris and buy this before someone else does.
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
Drbuzzz
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Drbuzzz »

This is a great playing PCK. Speaks very fast and has a very even sound. Dare I say, it's easy to play! You get the bounce and focus of a 5/4 but with added girth. If I had extra money (and my wife would let me), I would have bought it off Chris right away.

- Andy
Andrew Miller
Alabama Symphony Orchestra
CC
pro musician
pro musician

Post by CC »

I’m happy to include th Johnson Flight case now at a value of $700. A slight wheel repair is necessary but it’s in great shape otherwise.
Last edited by CC on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew Gaunt
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Matthew Gaunt »

Bump for Chris!

This is a really great example of one of these. Nice color of sound, doesn't get too barky when pushed.
Really nice horn!
Faculty
Bienen School of Music at Northwestern University
Northern Illinois University
Wheaton College
https://www.music.northwestern.edu/facu ... thew-gaunt
CC
pro musician
pro musician

Post by CC »

BUMP for being open to trades + cash. This is one of the best 6/4's i've ever played.

Trades I would consider: Haag/Latzch/Meinl Cimbasso, Big BBb, Willson/Hirsbrunner/Mirafone Euphonium but open to others as well.

Thanks!
Chris Combest
Nashville, TN