PT6 lacquer rotary $8800 SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
timayer
3 valves
3 valves

PT6 lacquer rotary $8800 SOLD

Post by timayer »

I am selling my PT6. It is a phenomenal horn when you’re in playing condition, and I am rarely in playing condition these days. So I need to downsize to a horn that is a little more forgiving of my out-of-shape chops.

I’ve had it for about 12 years. I’ve played it in solos, bands, quintets, oddball chamber groups, and orchestras. I’ve had nothing but positive feedback from tuba players and non-tuba players when playing it. I know it’s not one of the shiny new York copies, but it’s a legitimate audition horn. I got a Mike Finn H a few years ago and it's a match made in heaven.

It has a few modifications that were done before I owned it. A 2nd valve slide kicker that I am going to miss dearly. If your hand is big enough (mine is just about), you can operate it from inside the horn. The 5th valve slide has been turned around so that you can reach through the horn to the 1st valve slide. And the 1st valve slide has a ring.

The 2nd and 1st valve slides move really well. The 3rd, 4th, and 5th do too, but I keep pretty thick grease on them because I never have to move them.

It has one dent on the 4th valve slide. I wanted to get it repaired before selling, but it’s not in the cards right now. Doesn’t seem to affect anything other than pulling the slide in and out smoothly (which, again, I don’t ever do, so it hasn’t been a big priority to fix it), but it should ideally get repaired at some point.

I’m asking $8,800. I think the horn is worth more, but it has the dent. I might be interested in a trade plus cash for a 4/4 CC, but I’m not in a huge rush, so I’d rather sell outright and shop a little.

I’m located in Durham, New Hampshire. You’re welcome to come up to try it on a Saturday or Sunday morning. I’ll throw in lunch (or breakfast depending on when you get here). Shipping can be arranged at buyer’s expense and risk. I’m also willing to drive a couple hours to meet for a sale. But I don’t have a ton of time to drive around, so if you want to test it, you’ll have to come here.

Pictures:
http://s36.photobucket.com/user/timayer ... t=9&page=1" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank