MRP CC for sale - SOLD!

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
RJRobinson
bugler
bugler

MRP CC for sale - SOLD!

Post by RJRobinson »

MRP CC tuba for sale. About the tuba:

- I picked this horn at the warehouse in Jacksonville in November of 2017. Of the 8 or so MRP CC tubas that I've played, this is the 2nd best (barely). The best was destroyed in a horrific shipping incident.

- I have included 3 pictures below. I would include more but there is nothing to show. It literally does not have a ding. Everyone says like new but this is as close as it gets. I take immaculate care of my horns and other than a few fingerprints, this one is perfect.

- Tuba comes with the Supersac bag that it came with from the factory. See pic below. Also includes the bag of specific tools that came from the factory.

- Located in Oklahoma City. I am extremely hesitant to ship but you are welcome to come here to try it.

- Price: $12,500. The new price for these is now over $15,500 for silver. If your shopping these you probably know they are pretty difficult to find in stock. This is $3,000 less than a new one, in near perfect condition, and is a superb example of this model. Also you won't have to pay shipping or tax with this one :D .

Thanks for looking. Please PM with any questions.

Ryan

Last edited by RJRobinson on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dr. Ryan Robinson
Assoc. Professor of Tuba and Euphonium
Greenwood School of Music
Oklahoma State University
tubaeuph.okstate.edu
Ted Cox
pro musician
pro musician

Re: MRP CC for sale

Post by Ted Cox »

This past Monday, I had the pleasure of playing this instrument and it is the second example of an MRP I've played. On both occasions I've enjoyed the ease and clarity of sound these instruments produce. This particular instrument is beautiful and everything Dr. Robinson says it is. There are certainly any number of choices one can choose and it can be overwhelming in deciding what to buy, but no one will go wrong buying this specific instrument.

Ted Cox
RJRobinson
bugler
bugler

Re: MRP CC for sale

Post by RJRobinson »

Thanks, Ted! I would love to find a buyer before the fall semester starts and my schedule goes completely out the window. This is a great tuba that would certainly suit any pro or college student looking to upgrade. I've played this tuba recently in the Tulsa Symphony, Symphony or Northwest Arkansas, and on a big recording project with the Ft. Smith Symphony. All positive comments from colleagues. The trombone sections love this tuba.

-Ryan
Dr. Ryan Robinson
tubaeuph.okstate.edu
RJRobinson
bugler
bugler

Re: MRP CC for sale - price reduced!

Post by RJRobinson »

Bump for $500 price reduction.
Dr. Ryan Robinson
tubaeuph.okstate.edu
tubamuphone
bugler
bugler

Post by tubamuphone »

Quick bump for Ryan’s MRP.

I was fortunate enough to sit next to him for a week while we performed Also Sprach Zarathustra back in May, this is a really great tuba.

Pitch is as good as it gets and it has that colorful German sound you can’t get out of a lot of the various flavors of the month out there.

Someone needs to buy this horn!

Jeff
Tubameister
bugler
bugler

Post by Tubameister »

P.M. Sent
RJRobinson
bugler
bugler

Post by RJRobinson »

Several people interested but no one has committed yet. Anyone out there in the market for a great tuba?
Dr. Ryan Robinson
tubaeuph.okstate.edu
RJRobinson
bugler
bugler

Post by RJRobinson »

Still available. Bump for another $500 price reduction!
Dr. Ryan Robinson
tubaeuph.okstate.edu
RJRobinson
bugler
bugler

Post by RJRobinson »

Lot's of interest but no takers yet. Still available!
Dr. Ryan Robinson
tubaeuph.okstate.edu