*Price Drop* Miraphone CC + J.W. Case, Gig Bag - $5,500 Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

*Price Drop* Miraphone CC + J.W. Case, Gig Bag - $5,500

Postby JRadTuba » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:56 pm

Hello all! I am looking to sell my Miraphone 186 CC 4/4 5V and included accessories. Long story short, I was music education major and decided to switch. My initial reaction was to keep the horn, but it has not been played recently and it deserves a better home.

I purchased this horn back in the summer of 2015 and used it daily during my schooling. Everyone knows how 186s play and this one is no exception. Great, solid horn that got me through wind ensembles, brass ensembles as well as the orchestra and has not let me down.

No major work has been done on the horn or the rotors. I spent about $60ish to smooth out a wrinkle in the bell in 2016. Not sure how old the horn is exactly but I was told (by the Tuba Exchange in NC) it was made in the early 2000s and that I was the second owner (after a professional player). Only cosmetic issues are some scratches at the bottom and dings on the bell.

The cases are in good and like-new quality. The gig bag has minor tearing on the front handles (see included pics) but the bag and zippers still functions perfectly. The Jakob Winter case, on the other hand, is in like new condition. I bought it new whenI bought the horn, but only used it about five times for traveling. It is very sturdy, all the latches work and line up. The only cosmetic issues are a bit of white paint streaks (see included pics).

The three mouthpieces are as follows: Helleberg, Helleberg 7B, Bach 7. Two have Protec cases and the Bach has a standard blue rubber case. As with the tuba, these mouthpieces are pretty standard and well known and have gotten me through all the above mentioned ensembles.

Overall, I am looking to sell the tuba, cases, and mouthpieces as a set. I am in the Pittsburgh, PA area and would prefer to not ship long distances however, I am not opposed to splitting a drive with a buyer.

PICTURES LINK - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

TL:DR- Price - $5,500
Brand/Model - Miraphone TE-186B CC (+ Two Cases)
Location - Pittsburgh, PA

Please email me with the subject line "Miraphone" at jnradz@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank if you are interested. :tuba:
Last edited by JRadTuba on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
JRadTuba
lurker
lurker

Re: Miraphone CC + J.W. Case, Gig Bag + more - $6,500

Postby the elephant » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:22 pm

If (and this is a big "if") you end up selling the horn without the Winter case, how much would you sell just the case for? Or, do you know the proper case model number? I will need one eventually, and if yours ends up not going with your very nice tuba, I would be interested in it.

Thanks, and good luck with your sale!

Wade
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby rperrym » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:43 pm

When I was looking for a case for a 186 I used to have, I received an email from Joachim Winter advising me that the model for my 186 was JW 2089.

Rick
B&S GR 51
Wessex Grand 692-S
rperrym
bugler
bugler

Postby the elephant » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:15 pm

Thanks! I will give that a look.
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby JRadTuba » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:35 pm

Not my reply but glad you could find what you were looking for! I am not quite sure what model case I have, or a standalone price, but I will let you know if it does not leave with the tuba. Thanks!
JRadTuba
lurker
lurker

Postby ssbolas » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:54 pm

Is the horn still available?
B&S 3097(sold)
Former Navy Musician
Middle School Band Director
Looking for new horn
Spotsylvania, VA
ssbolas
bugler
bugler

Postby the elephant » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:18 am

Bump!
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Re: *Price Drop* Miraphone CC + J.W. Case, Gig Bag - $5,500

Postby mroest » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:29 am

Hi - I have a student that is looking to purchase and would love to chat about the horn. I just sent you a PM.

Cheers,
Mike
mroest
lurker
lurker

Return to For Sale by Owner