SOLD:c.1887 Silver 4v Conn Worcester Eb Tuba $950/OBO + ship

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

SOLD:c.1887 Silver 4v Conn Worcester Eb Tuba $950/OBO + ship

Post by bisontuba »

Hi-
SOLD.
I was able to acquire the c. 1887 Conn Elkhart & Worcester 4 piston valve (3+1) non Compensating Silver Eb Tuba I posted a few days ago looking for info today. 14.25” bell, 30” long, older lady had ‘saved it from being thrown out’ and had a repairman restore it years back...took him a year. EARLY Worcester..serial# 12601...Col. Conn bought out the old Fiske factory in 1887, and 1887 serial charts start at 12,500! EARLY!!! Horn is missing one brace, but otherwise complete. Plays good...all slides and pistons come out, and I use Yamaha Classic oil on it. Gorgeous engraving. Three top action, 1 side action valves. Some plating wear, but it plays very nice. Small receiver, but comes with an Elkhorn mthpce that fits perfectly...with rubber case for the mthpce, and a green Army duffle bag for a gig bag! The lady was using it for wall art, but is moving and sold it to me. Has some patches, some silver plating wear on the body, and could use a better polishing, but it is ALL set to go! Perfect for a vintage band or for an instrument collector.
The pics:

As most of you know, I collect antique horns, and this so nice...and rare! But—don’t laugh—it is a tad “ too new” for me...131 years old is too new ( I like 1865 and prior for collecting). On a rarity scale, it is extremely high.

SOLD!
I am selling for $950/ OBO PLUS Greyhound packing/ shipping. A lot of historical value for a low price, and extremely useable.
You will like this antique A LOT!
Don’t PM me, but email me at: jonestuba@gmail.com" target="_blank
First come, first serve.

Cheers-
Mark
Buffalo
jonestuba@gmail.com" target="_blank
Last edited by bisontuba on Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 27 times in total.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: FS: c.1887 Silver 4v Conn Worcester Eb Tuba

Post by bort »

Not interested, but that is super Cool!
Karituba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: c.1887 Silver 4v Conn Worcester Eb Tuba

Post by Karituba »

Would love for this to be tuba #10 for me. How's the tuning?
20 tubas and counting
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Re: SOLD:c.1887 Silver 4v Conn Worcester Eb Tuba $950/OBO +

Post by bisontuba »

SOLD!