FS [+ pics]: Conn 3J CC Tuba - $2,500

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
grahamroese
bugler
bugler

FS [+ pics]: Conn 3J CC Tuba - $2,500

Post by grahamroese »

Hello, everyone!

For sale is my Conn 3J CC tuba. This is my everyday tuba for my current gig, but it looks like I'll be moving to different equipment for the foreseeable future, so I'm happy to post it For Sale here. I trust this horn for everything I do currently, and I'm able to answer any questions you might have about the instrument.

The price for the instrument is $2,500 firm. I will arrange for shipping anywhere in the Continental USA at no cost to you. The horn will be coming from Tokyo, JP, and will be available anytime after September 4. I can also arrange a meet-up in person if you're located somewhere in either Kantō or the Midwestern USA.

What's with the straps and wires?
I have the horn hooked up with a small-diaphragm condenser mic and a wireless transmitter for my current show. It's held on by the velcro straps and pads you can see in the pictures. Our sound guys put a lot of work into the set-up, and I didn't want to make them go through the trouble of setting the horn up again if I removed them for the pictures. They will remove all of the wires and straps before shipping to you, in addition to me cleaning the horn inside and out.

Pictures
https://imgur.com/a/EpnNSbA

Condition
Everything on the horn moves quickly and silently. I had the valves re-padded and aligned two weeks ago by an instrument tech. I will wash all of the green oxidized copper from the body of the horn after the show has finished next week. There are no signs of damage to the horn, and everything is original except for some of the valve buttons which have been swapped from different Conns.

It's a cool horn that does everything extremely well. Please feel free to contact me at grahamroese@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank if you're interested.
Graham Roese
jonesbrass
4 valves
4 valves

Re: FS [+ pics]: Conn 3J CC Tuba - $2,500

Post by jonesbrass »

Nice!
Willson 3050S CC, Willson 3200S F, B&S PT-10, BMB 6/4 CC, 1922 Conn 86I
Gone but not forgotten:
Cerveny 681, Musica-Steyr F, Miraphone 188, Melton 45, Conn 2J, B&M 5520S CC, Shires Bass Trombone, Cerveny CFB-653-5IMX, St. Petersburg 202N
ssbolas
bugler
bugler

Post by ssbolas »

Does the price include a case or gig bag?
Frankentuba by Tabor
Former Navy Musician
Middle School Band Director
Spotsylvania, VA
grahamroese
bugler
bugler

Post by grahamroese »

The instrument comes with the Wessex gig bag (my current favorite bag.)
Graham Roese
masonatha
lurker
lurker

Post by masonatha »

Cool horn and setup! I'd love to hear it in action.
BrassedOn
bugler
bugler

Post by BrassedOn »

Can you say "patina"?
pa ti na
I knew that you could.

I'm not in the market, but I have played these horns, and I found it could do well for commercial, jazzin', recording (mics well) and quintet playing, and in the right hands even more. Did what I needed in a pit orchestra. In a word, "flexible", and as someone said "facile", and not some heavy tank.
"Do less, better."
19xx? Blessing Sousaphone BBb
1970s King 3b Silver Sonic
1976 Fender Precision bass