SOLD: PT-15 40th Anniversary 5/4 F Tuba

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
dmallen5
lurker
lurker

SOLD: PT-15 40th Anniversary 5/4 F Tuba

Post by dmallen5 »

Hello!

My name is David Allen. I was a tuba performance major at Indiana University between 2012 and 2016. Following the Spring of 2016, I decided to transfer to The University of Alabama in pursuit of a different career. Since then, I have not played the horn and I do not believe I will be playing any time in the near future.

The horn is a PT-15 40th Anniversary 5/4 F tuba and has a rosemary brass bell while the rest is golden lacquer. It was purchased in December of 2011 at the Midwest Clinic. I believe the horn to still be in great shape, but there is obvious lacquer wear that can be seen in the pictures I have attached below. The horn will come with a golden PT-64 mouthpiece and a brown leather Cronkhite gig bag.

The horn is located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and I am asking $7,000 USD for the package. I will not be selling the gig bag or mouthpiece separate from the tuba and I will be unable to travel due to my academic obligations. Therefore, interested buyers must be willing to travel to Tuscaloosa, Alabama. If you are seriously interested in purchasing the horn, please e-mail me at hoosiertide93@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank.

https://imgur.com/a/XdIBCcN

Thank you all for your interest,
David Allen
Last edited by dmallen5 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MackBrass
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Re: FS: PT-15 40th Anniversary 5/4 F Tuba

Post by MackBrass »

What is the bore on this? Being the 40th anniversary, did they remake a model from 40 years ago or is it just in the logo that makes it a 40th anniversary model?
Tom McGrady
MACK Brass of Virginia LLC
Email: Sales@mackbrass.com" target="_blank
http://www.mackbrass.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
804-926-7707
dmallen5
lurker
lurker

Post by dmallen5 »

I'm not positive on the bore. It's been a while, haha. I originally wrote that the significant difference was the rosemary brass bell, but upon further inspection, it seems that around half of the tuba is covered in rosemary brass (i.e the valves and 5th valve slide).
MackBrass
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Post by MackBrass »

If your interested in selling the gigbag please give me a call at 804-926-7707, I sent you a PM but nobsure of you have seen it.
Tom McGrady
MACK Brass of Virginia LLC
Email: Sales@mackbrass.com" target="_blank
http://www.mackbrass.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
804-926-7707
itai
bugler
bugler

Post by itai »

This is a very special sweet sounding horn at a really fair price.
I’m 95% sure that the bore, and everything about the tubing (dimension wise) is same as the ‘stock’ models. Idk about Tuscaloosa... but Huntsville is pretty gorgeous.
Itai
Itai Agmon
Israel Philharmonic Orchestra
dmallen5
lurker
lurker

Post by dmallen5 »

Thank you Itai!!!