(SOLD) FS: Meinl-Weston 20

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
mdbtuba
lurker
lurker

(SOLD) FS: Meinl-Weston 20

Post by mdbtuba »

Purchased new in 1991, I'm the only owner. This tuba has seen significant use (undergrad, grad work, lots of professional teaching and gigging), and while it shows the years of use, it's still a good looking instrument, and a great player. Please see pictures for a good idea about wear. Nice dark tone (traditional German tuba sound), even intonation throughout the entire range (a bell repair years ago helped with the 5th partial, ironically enough), it's been well-maintained and has no known issues. It has seen quite a few repairs over the years, all completed by competent professionals. Plays quite easily.

The tuba comes with an original hard case (I had a second handle and small wheels added), as well as a Reunion Blues gigbag.

Given the age, condition, apparent rarity of this model instrument (at least available for sale), and overall playability, this is a great deal for the price. I am hoping to not ship the tuba, but can meet potential buyers around the Albany, NY area or, with some planning, in the northern NJ/NYC area.

For pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Also listed on Craigslist: https://albany.craigslist.org/msg/d/mei ... 75505.html" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Thanks for looking!
Miraphone 1291-BBb (5v)
Conn Wonder BBb
Conn Eb (Patent 1886)