*SOLD* Bohm and Meinl 5520 CC

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Steginkt
bugler
bugler

*SOLD* Bohm and Meinl 5520 CC

Post by Steginkt »

This was my tuba for my final rounds through my undergraduate degree. I used it to place into the top orchestral spot in school, and had a blast playing this horn on Planets and Pictures.

Pros: The valves hold up to the B+M hype, and I would rate them alongside my Willson in speed and comfort. Ken Skitch added in lighter valve springs last year, and have noticed no downsides.

This horn sounds big (not a 5/4, but a larger 4/4 with a 22´ bell.) The sounds is round and dark, and doesn't break easily in higher registers, and I can cleanly play the f above the staff on it. Marty Erickson played a beautiful triple c on it for me. Low E, Eb and D are all easy to play with or without the trigger, and I tend not to use the trigger unless I am playing a low Db.
Marzan tuning system: You're always in tune! The most I move the slide is about an inch and a half in for pedal f when finger 4 and 3.
Cons: first line f and d in the staff tend to be a little flat. This was never noticable when playing in tuba yoof ensemble or band, but was something I dealt with when playing orchestrally. This problem was most pronounced when using the 33.3 blokepiece, but easy to manage with the 32.6. And it is, after all, a tune on the fly system, so no need to use alternate fingerings if you dont want to. Otherwise, one and three work great.
This horn is perfect for someone going in to college, or looking for a horn for their community ensemble. For the moment, pictures will live in the facebook group "Tuba/Euphonium Marketplace"
Located in Grand Rapids, MI
$4200 OBO. I'm willing to drive anywhere in the LP to sell, as well as Chicago

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t01 ... p=drivesdk" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by Steginkt on Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yamaha Xeno YSL-8820
Willson 3400 Eb
Lyon and Healy Sousaphone
5/4 Rudolf Meinl CC
Wessex trumpet
Steginkt
bugler
bugler

Re: Bohm and Meinl 5520 CC

Post by Steginkt »

Bump!
Yamaha Xeno YSL-8820
Willson 3400 Eb
5/4 Rudolf Meinl CC
Wessex trumpet
Steginkt
bugler
bugler

Re: Price Drop: Bohm and Meinl 5520 CC

Post by Steginkt »

Bump. Price dropped to 3750 for a quick sale. Willin by to hear all offers. Buyer pays shipping
Yamaha Xeno YSL-8820
Willson 3400 Eb
5/4 Rudolf Meinl CC
Wessex trumpet
Vermeert
lurker
lurker

Re: *PRICE DROP* Bohm and Meinl 5520 CC

Post by Vermeert »

Pm sent
Steginkt