Bump - Updated/relisted - King Eb 4 Valve Sousaphone for sale, Model 1261, 1942

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
sometubaguy
lurker
lurker

Bump - Updated/relisted - King Eb 4 Valve Sousaphone for sale, Model 1261, 1942

Post by sometubaguy »

King Eb 4 Valve Sousaphone for sale, Model 1261, 24" bell, from 1942. This is one of the WWII production models with "US" engraved on the bell, made for the US armed forces.

Posted this a good while back, then came covid etc.
Finally getting around to selling it again.
Asking $1500, offers also considered.
Looking for buyers within driving/meeting distance. I'm located in NJ, about 25 miles east of Philadelphia.

This sousa plays very well and is in very good condition. All tuning slides move freely. It has some non-critical dents. The valve section tubing is in great shape. More photos available upon request.

See this thread for the Tubenet discussion:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72425&p=588490&hili ... #p588490It
Eb Full 1-.jpg
Eb Sousa Valve sectio + SNn-.jpg
Eb Sousa Valve section-.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sometubaguy on Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Submitted via Infinite Improbability Drive v4.2
fenne1ca
3 valves
3 valves

Re: King Eb 4 Valve Sousaphone for sale, Model 1261, 1942

Post by fenne1ca »

Wish I had the $$$. This would make a beautiful companion for my USMC Keefer helicon. Good luck with the sale!
Chris Fenner
1918 Keefer Eb
191? Keefer BBb Helicon
Gus_Pratt
bugler
bugler

Post by Gus_Pratt »

I turned one of these into a CC sousaphone once with incredible results. I located an American Standard BBb sousaphone, which was also made by King and had the same bore as the Eb. I was able to take the valve tubing that came out of the valve section and made a loop and solder it in to drop the pitch to CC. The thing that was amazing was that the new loop matched up perfectly with the 4th valve tubing (same radii, etc) and matched perfectly bore wise with the main loop. I think I had to extend the main tuning slide slightly, and extend the 4th valve tubing. The other slides had enough length to just pull them out to the correct length. It turned out being a rather simply conversion. The person who I sold it to enjoys it.
sometubaguy
lurker
lurker

Post by sometubaguy »

Thanks for that info Gus, much appreciated. It sounds like that conversion can be done without irreversibly altering the instrument. There's been a good bit of interest in the horn, but if for some reason it doesn't sell I'll be looking into doing that conversion.
Gary
sometubaguy
lurker
lurker

Post by sometubaguy »

Bump for the 1942 King Eb 4 Valve Sousaphone.
sometubaguy
lurker
lurker

Post by sometubaguy »

Bump for the 1942 King Eb 4v sousaphone.
Posted this a good while back, then came covid etc.
Finally getting around to selling it again.
Was asking $1500, but will consider offers!
I'm located in NJ, about 25 miles east of Philadelphia.
SMtUba
lurker
lurker

Re: Bump - Updated/relisted - King Eb 4 Valve Sousaphone for sale, Model 1261, 1942

Post by SMtUba »

Sent a message