FS King Eb Helicon ca.1910-1915 Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

FS King Eb Helicon ca.1910-1915

Postby sometubaguy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:09 pm

King Eb Helicon for sale, model unknown, 3 Valve, 20in bell, serial =27568 which places it between 1910-1915. It plays great, though it has many dings. The pistons look nearly new with great plating. Note: This horn was built to lower than standard A440 pitch. The main tuning slide is very long, so It could easily be brought up to standard pitch by shortening it. I was going to have that done but have decided to sell it as it is.

I was at one time in search of an Eb tuba to convert to F. Upon buying several I decided that it would be a shame to mess any of them up by cutting them. I don't want to assimilate yet another set of fingerings so I'm selling my Eb horns.

Initially I'm looking for buyers within driving/meeting distance. I'm in NJ midway between NYC and Philadelphia (Exit 7 NJ Turnpike for you NEC road warriors).

Asking price is $900. Offers considered, preferably upon trying it out.

King Eb Helicon - 03-.jpg
King Eb Helicon - 03-.jpg (75.92 KiB) Viewed 430 times

King Eb Helicon - 04-.jpg
King Eb Helicon - 04-.jpg (80.55 KiB) Viewed 430 times

King Eb Helicon - 02-.jpg
King Eb Helicon - 02-.jpg (85.23 KiB) Viewed 430 times
Submitted via Infinite Improbability Drive v4.2
sometubaguy
lurker
lurker

Re: FS King Eb Helicon ca.1910-1915

Postby Tubajug » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:35 pm

Does it require a bit? What shank size mouthpiece fits it?
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba in progress

Used to own, but still a fun thread: Lyon & Healy Eb

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Re: FS King Eb Helicon ca.1910-1915

Postby sometubaguy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:50 am

It does need a single bit to bring the mouthpiece to a proper playing angle. I have one that I'd include in the sale.
The receiver is for a Standard American mouthpiece shank.

Thanks for asking.
Submitted via Infinite Improbability Drive v4.2
sometubaguy
lurker
lurker

Return to For Sale by Owner