1918 4v Martin Medium Eb

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
AaronC1901
bugler
bugler

1918 4v Martin Medium Eb

Post by AaronC1901 »

This is an Eb with a nice tone and very good intonation. The valves don’t quite have all the plating on them, but the slides still pop when you pull them out, so I’d say there's still some compression. It’d be a nice tuba for playing old band music for those that would like to use the instrument the music was intended to be played on. Nice mellow, broad tone.

Bell diameter is roughly 17.25", bore size is roughly .625". The instrument was silver plated once upon a time. The engraving is difficult to see in the pictures, but it reads " THE MARTIN BAND INST. CO. | ELKHART IND "

The fourth valve cap and finger button is different from the other three, and I'm not sure if its original or not. I attached the pictures in a drive document because I was feeling too lazy to go and shrink all of them down to fit. There's also a video of me attempting to sightread Ordner Seg, listen with headphones for best results. In the video the horn has pink fingerbuttons, just try and ignore them..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E8n67 ... -pBf4KaQQf

Priced at $950 OBO. Martin 4 valvers of any key are a rarity, I'm selling because my university's tuba prof. refuses to let me use it in ensemble, so I don't have really any use for it. Also, I get sick of having to constantly stock up on Hetman 14 :tuba:

This is the V&E Simonetti collection page for this horn: https://simonettitubacollection.com/ins ... -4-piston/
1918 Martin Medium Eb *FOR SALE*
Wessex Strauss *FOR SALE*
Gnagey King/Hn White CC frankentuba *FOR SALE*
2018 Campbell & Mundheim Tenor Sousa prototype
Chris Kratt mini Eb sousa