(Sold) willson 2900, $5200 Dayton Ohio

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Will Jones
bugler
bugler

(Sold) willson 2900, $5200 Dayton Ohio

Post by Will Jones »

I purchased this Willson new in 1994. It has the medium shank receiver and comes with several medium shank mouthpieces including a Greg Black 4g and several Warburton WJ prototypes (approx 5g size with a larger bore). The valve caps are raw brass mock-ups that Dr. Bowman gave me when Willson switched over to their contemporary design in the mid 90s. This horn is in excellent shape with three exceptions: the bottom bow is flattened a bit on the inside, the brace on the top bow pushed in the bell at some point, and there is a small dent on the third valve tubing. These should be visible in the photos. I played this horn through music school, several auditions, and the majority of my time in the Air Force Band. Shipping is at the buyer's expense and selection. The last photo is to ensure authenticity - lest you be fooled by my amateurish studio lighting. Hard case is included.

UPDATE: Lehman mouthpiece sold and no longer included.

PM with any questions.

Additional Pictures at:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/VdV87SY3DxrLEccB6" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by Will Jones on Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will Jones
bugler
bugler

Re: Willson 2900, $5200 Dayton Ohio

Post by Will Jones »

bump