Kanstul 90-S 4/4 CC (4+1)--Price Drop! Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

Kanstul 90-S 4/4 CC (4+1)--Price Drop!

Postby ldine » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:38 am

For sale is my Kanstul 90-S (silver plated model). It’s a York copy with Kanstul’s “special alloy bell” that is supposedly the closest copy of the metal alloy York used on their horns. Despite being a 4/4 tuba, the bell is huge like on the classic York tubas. People often think it looks like a 5/4.

The intonation is great. Partials “slot” very nicely. 1+3 valve combo is super open and responsive, leaving plenty of intonation possibilities open (for example, I usually play G and D as 1+3 with a pulled first valve slide, leaving the fourth valve slide in tune for Db and Gb). It’s got 5 water keys, which can seem like a pain, but this means you’re never spinning the horn around to clean out stuck water.

I'm wanting $6,750 for the tuba. Woodwind and Brasswind is selling it for over $9k and the manufacturers are asking over $10k if you purchase it directly through them. It’s not in perfect shape, has some dents and the like, but nothing I would consider to be major. You email or PM me for more pics. I also have a custom fit Cronkite gig bag, a custom fit Walt Johnson flight case as well as an SKB hard shell case (which came with the horn). The cases will be extra, but maybe we can work out a deal if you take more than one of them.
Attachments
IMG_8593 (1).jpg
IMG_8593 (1).jpg (15.49 KiB) Viewed 800 times
Last edited by ldine on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ldine
bugler
bugler

Re: Kanstul 90-S 4/4 CC

Postby trpiercemusic » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:17 pm

Pm sent.
--
Terrell Pierce
Boehm and Meinl 5520CC
York Monster EEb
trpiercemusic
lurker