SOLD: Meinl Weston "Trolley" F Travel Tuba - $5000

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

SOLD: Meinl Weston "Trolley" F Travel Tuba - $5000

Post by Tubanomicon »

Hello all,

I'm selling a Meinl Weston "Trolley" F travel tuba. I purchased this horn from Dillon's Music about a year and a half ago. When I did, Matt W. told me that it had been used as a floor model but had not been owned outright. This limited playing history shows, as this horn is very much near immaculate. There are hardly any dents or wear. My limited playing of the tuba since then has not had an effect on this condition.

The tuba comes with a soft shell-like case equipped with backpack straps along with a practice mute.

Here are some images of the horn: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qj2p97lct63o ... 2rLia?dl=0" target="_blank" target="_blank

I've tried many of the travel tubas that are in production today, and nothing compares to the Trolley. It doesn't quite sound like a tuba...maybe a cimbasso is a more appropriate description of its sound quality. But it plays like a tuba and doesn't suffer from the same back pressure that's present in the Wessex and other Chinese made horns. As with anything, you get what you pay for.

Now, these tubas usually retail for about $10,000 at least. I'm offering it for half that price with the hope that someone who could really use it but otherwise can't afford it will be able to do so.

We can discuss shipping options. Greyhound is always a possibility, but I'm thinking we could get away with UPS or FedEx for not too much money. I'm located near Kingston, NY.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
“Very little strength can produce much motion of air. Learn about air as motion.”

--Arnold Jacobs
Tubanomicon
4 valves
4 valves

Re: SOLD: Meinl Weston "Trolley" F Travel Tuba - $5000

Post by Tubanomicon »

SOLD
“Very little strength can produce much motion of air. Learn about air as motion.”

--Arnold Jacobs