sold!

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
ryschnei
bugler
bugler

sold!

Post by ryschnei »

https://imgur.com/a/nTR4ZAr" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Hi all,

After some deliberation I've decided to put up my Meinl-Weston 2145 4/4 CC tuba for sale. This is a wonderful 4p+1r horn that is truly a do-it-all instrument. I've used this in everything from solo work to orchestras and it feels at home no matter what. It has served me well through undergraduate studies and auditions, but it's time to move to something bigger, hence my reason for selling it.

This instrument was purchased from Brett Copeland, who originally bought it as a floor model from MW, and it's been in my possession for nearly six years now.

Some modifications -- a patch was added on the fifth valve tubing back in 2015, it's a little smaller than a penny, also got a new leadpipe this summer. Neither has changed the way the horn plays for me in any noticeable way. Both fixes, as well as all cleaning, were done by Merlin Grady in Waterloo IA. (side note: you may notice that the third valve water key is backwards -- that's not a mistake, it came out of the factory like that for some reason)

Willing to trade (+ or - cash) if you have an F tuba in the same price range, would prefer rotary but I'll entertain any reasonable offers.

$7500 OBO + shipping or local pickup. Comes with Cronkhite gig bag. Currently living in Waterloo, IA and willing to drive to meet up.

I only check this site once in a rare while, so it's easier to reach me at ryan.w.schneider@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank.

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by ryschnei on Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TubaLaabs
lurker
lurker

Re: FS/FT: Meinl Weston 2145

Post by TubaLaabs »

PM Sent!
ryschnei
bugler
bugler

Post by ryschnei »

bumpity bump bump
ryschnei
bugler
bugler

Post by ryschnei »

UPDATE:

I bought another CC tuba but I still have this 2145 laying around, looking for a home, so I am not trying to trade away for a CC anymore. HOWEVER, if you have an F tuba I'll still entertain trades. Would prefer rotary but I'll listen to any reasonable offers, + or - cash of course.
ryschnei
bugler
bugler

Post by ryschnei »

This bad boy is on hold!
ryschnei
bugler
bugler

Post by ryschnei »

Sold!