SOLD Cronkhite-made Reunion Blues tuba bag front-act - BLACK Bookmark and Share

Sell and buy equipment. Please clearly label either as SPONSOR, WTB, or For Sale. Will keep the WTB forum available until Sept 1, 2019.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment (as well as Wanting To Buy), but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

SOLD Cronkhite-made Reunion Blues tuba bag front-act - BLACK

Postby bloke » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:58 pm

This bag is in good condition with no issues.
The corner of the black leather floppy stitch-on (bottom bow end) was ragged, so I had some additional leather sewn on to that corner of that (basically" "zipper protector").
If you expect "used" but "good", you should not be dissatisfied with the condition. Realize that there were several years that "Reunion Blues" were made in the orient for several years, so this was made BEFORE that. That being said, these were built as "lifetime" bags, so...
The best I could manage, dimensions-wise are as follows:
length maximum: 38" - 39"
bell diameter maximum: 19" - 20"
bottom bow width maximum: 18"
Push the limits of these dimensions at your own risk. I'll take it back, but will not refund mailing cost.
I would recommend purchasing for something WITHIN these dimensions, rather than AT THE VERY EDGE OF these dimensions.
~~ NOT 6/4 ~~
This bag is priced at $300 plus postage. I will flatten the bell portion, fold the bow end over the best I can, and try to ship between two pieces of VERY bulged corrugated cardboard. My experience with bags has always been that they CANNOT be made particularly small for mailing or shipping, but - respecting your funds - I will mail as inexpensively as I can manage.

shows repaired zipper protector leather flap:
Last edited by bloke on Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
bloke
musician/technician/innovator

Re: Cronkhite-made Reunion Blues tuba bag front-action - BLA

Postby bloke » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:57 pm

Pictures are now posted, thanks.
bloke

Postby bort » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:05 pm

Bummer that it won't fit my tuba
B&S GR-41
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Postby bloke » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:13 pm

bort wrote:Bummer that it won't fit my tuba

Thanks for your interest...
' no 7/4 bags here at the moment.
' hope you have it back, soon. :D
bloke

Postby bloke » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:42 am

Someone is discussing (NOT a done-deal) purchasing this who has a tuba that is a bit smaller than these dimensions.
They seem fairly positive, about purchasing but have not "pulled the trigger".

In the past, I had a "cute" Cronkhite-made bag that fit my F tuba "like a glove".
I loved it, but decided to give it to someone else, because they had been so very nice to me, and I wanted to express some gratitude.

That having been said, the Cronkhite-made bag I'm now using with my F tuba is a bit looser-fitting, it is EASIER to get the tuba in-and-out of the bag, and it takes up no more space in my vehicles nor in my "life". Also, it fits OTHER tubas that I might occasionally use.
Further, if this person ends up purchasing/using yet another front-action tuba, the bag could conceivably work for both instruments.
bloke

Return to MarketPlace