B&S PT-20 5V CC

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Mark Horne
bugler
bugler

B&S PT-20 5V CC

Post by Mark Horne »

B&S PT-20 – a true 4/4 size tuba in the American York style but with five rotary valves. This low-hours horn has a very wide color palate that is easily controllable by the player – capable of producing the York-esque enveloping lows while also providing a clear “edge” to the sound. Intonation is excellent without pulling slides. Built with the rock-solid B&S quality, this is one of the most versatile tubas available. The PT-20 is a fantastic choice for players who only want to bring one horn to the gig.

This is one of three tubas that I have taken to Noah Gladstone's Brass Ark in southern California http://www.brassark.com/sale/" target="_blank

I have been fortunate to own multiple fine tubas, but having recently retired from my day job, I need to prepare for an eventual move out of California, and thus reduce my collection.
Alexander 163 CC 5V, MW Thor, Mel Culbertson Neptune, B&S Symphonie F 6V
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: B&S PT-20 5V CC

Post by bort »

Argh, this kills me... the only thing I don't like about this tuba is that you didn't sell it 6 months ago. A great tuba, in fantastic condition. I would have bought it in about 20 seconds.

Bummer for me, but someone else is going to be very happy!
Mark Horne
bugler
bugler

Re: B&S PT-20 5V CC

Post by Mark Horne »

I used this particular tuba in a performance over the summer. As I mentioned, this is a 4/4 size tuba, but not the same geometry as the more familiar Miraphone 186 - which has a shorter narrow body and a high stovepipe bell. This video shows both the PT-20 and a classic 186 (16 1/2" bell) side by side in several of the shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISVqrXLrGoo" target="_blank"
Alexander 163 CC 5V, MW Thor, Mel Culbertson Neptune, B&S Symphonie F 6V