Boosey & Hawkes 1974 15" bell Imperial Eb - $2800 Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

Boosey & Hawkes 1974 15" bell Imperial Eb - $2800

Postby TheZechman » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:03 pm

For sale is my 1974 Imperial Eb tuba with a 15" Bell in the beautiful brushed silver finish. It is really in great shape for it's age.

I am only selling this as I upgraded to a bigger bell Besson, and I can not justify keeping 2 Eb tubas in the house, as much as I would love to.

This horn has an impeccable sound, and what I believe is the perfect quintet/chamber playing sound. If you're playing a lot of chamber music, this really is a great instrument. It has very quick valves, and requires little effort to play well due to the small bore and small bell. I used it for my jazz/funk playing, as well as any of my chamber ensembles.

The Intonation on the horn is typical of these Eb's. Its really well in tune for something that never received the "fletcher cut", the only note that gave me troubles was my upper Eb, but I played it with an alternate fingering and it was fine. The horn currently has a standard sized receiver attached so American mouthpieces fit it, but I also have the original receiver. Nothing else has been changed.

Photos are here, and more are available upon request:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B9Ghb ... YSk5Jxes9c" target="_blank

Here is a recording of me playing a vasiliev (or bordoghni) excerpt as written, as well as one octave higher and one octave lower. I also recorded two corelli trios with two trombones to show how well this horn really blends:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RJUnz ... LmMzabTi1b" target="_blank

I am asking $2800 for the horn plus shipping. I will be sending VIA Greyhound to the 48 continental. International buyers will require further consideration!

Please email me at MZech1993@gmail.com" target="_blank. Thanks!
MZech1993@gmail.com
Duquesne University
B&S PT6P
Boosey & Hawkes Imperial Eb
TheZechman
lurker
lurker

Re: Boosey & Hawkes 1974 15" bell Imperial Eb - $2800

Postby TheZechman » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:22 pm

Oops!

I am in the Pittsburgh area, and I welcome anyone local to come try the horn out!
MZech1993@gmail.com
Duquesne University
B&S PT6P
Boosey & Hawkes Imperial Eb
TheZechman
lurker
lurker

Postby SteveP » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:29 pm

Thanks for sharing the mp3's. Beautiful sound. Best of luck with the sale. I'd buy it if I didn't already have a three valve New Standard. The wife would never understand.
Steve
Lake Havasu Regional Orchestra (tuba/board/treasurer)
Lake Havasu Symphonic Winds (board/treasurer)
SteveP
bugler
bugler

Postby Bob Kolada » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:26 am

Cool horn and nice playing! You know, if you sell this you'll probably never be able to replace it...
Bob Kolada
6 valves
6 valves

Return to For Sale by Owner