Boosey & Hawkes 1974 15" bell Imperial Eb - $2800 -SOLD_

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
TheZechman
bugler
bugler

Boosey & Hawkes 1974 15" bell Imperial Eb - $2800 -SOLD_

Post by TheZechman »

For sale is my 1974 Imperial Eb tuba with a 15" Bell in the beautiful brushed silver finish. It is really in great shape for it's age.

I am only selling this as I upgraded to a bigger bell Besson, and I can not justify keeping 2 Eb tubas in the house, as much as I would love to.

This horn has an impeccable sound, and what I believe is the perfect quintet/chamber playing sound. If you're playing a lot of chamber music, this really is a great instrument. It has very quick valves, and requires little effort to play well due to the small bore and small bell. I used it for my jazz/funk playing, as well as any of my chamber ensembles.

The Intonation on the horn is typical of these Eb's. Its really well in tune for something that never received the "fletcher cut", the only note that gave me troubles was my upper Eb, but I played it with an alternate fingering and it was fine. The horn currently has a standard sized receiver attached so American mouthpieces fit it, but I also have the original receiver. Nothing else has been changed.

Photos are here, and more are available upon request:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B9Ghb ... YSk5Jxes9c" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Here is a recording of me playing a vasiliev (or bordoghni) excerpt as written, as well as one octave higher and one octave lower. I also recorded two corelli trios with two trombones to show how well this horn really blends:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RJUnz ... LmMzabTi1b" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

I am asking $2800 for the horn plus shipping. I will be sending VIA Greyhound to the 48 continental. International buyers will require further consideration!

Please email me at MZech1993@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank. Thanks!
Last edited by TheZechman on Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MZech1993@gmail.com
Eastman 836
Besson 984
USN
TheZechman
bugler
bugler

Re: Boosey & Hawkes 1974 15" bell Imperial Eb - $2800

Post by TheZechman »

Oops!

I am in the Pittsburgh area, and I welcome anyone local to come try the horn out!
MZech1993@gmail.com
Eastman 836
Besson 984
USN
Bob Kolada
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Boosey & Hawkes 1974 15" bell Imperial Eb - $2800

Post by Bob Kolada »

Cool horn and nice playing! You know, if you sell this you'll probably never be able to replace it...