Sold: PT6P

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Glaucon
bugler
bugler

Sold: PT6P

Post by Glaucon »

Hello all,

I kind of can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm here to post my beloved PT6P for sale. Plays like a dream, sounds like a monster, but at the end of the day, the ergonomics of the horn just don't fit for me, and I've been dealing with some lingering discomfort while playing. So alas, this horn must move to its new home.

This horn has been my voice and has served me well. It has been played professionally for its entire life and cared for meticulously. Though there are a few cosmetic blemishes that can be expected from professional life, the horn is in excellent condition inside and out. (I’m also happy to send serious buyers additional pictures.)

I know that everyone thinks that their PT6 is the best one ever, and I must admit that I am no exception. This horn was purchased 5 years ago new from Custom Music. I had the water keys removed -- I always pull slides anyway, and I think horns sound better without them. I sunk a lot of money into the valves; including:
1. MAW valves.
2. Bloke's synthetic felts.
3. Hollow titanium stems.
4. Hardened aluminum finger buttons.
All of this allowed me to use Yamaha euphonium springs and led to a reaction of "WOW!! REALLY?!?" from anyone who ever played it.

I also purchased a SuperSac gig bag from Mr. Tucci 2 years ago, though it looks brand new. I got the double-padded with the reinforced bell protection.

I know that several of you here on can attest to the superlative playing of this instrument.

I'm listing this instrument at $11000, including this $400 gig bag and $1500 worth of custom valve equipment. All original equipment will also be included with the horn. This is an excellent instrument and could easily serve anyone well for the remainder of their professional career.

Horn is available to play test in Northeast Ohio. I also plan to travel to the Midwest conference for a day later this month. Trial periods are not offered (it is a PT6; very little mystery here) and shipping is possible if arranged by the buyer. Please contact me at kheinlei@kent.edu" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank if you have any questions, and thank you for your time.

Ken Heinlein
Principal Tuba, Akron Symphony and Erie Philharmonic Orchestras
Assistant Professor of Tuba, Kent State University
Lecturer in Tuba and Euphonium, Baldwin Wallace University
http://www.kenheinlein.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Glaucon on Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
CJBlaha
pro musician
pro musician

Re: FS: PT6P

Post by CJBlaha »

This is a fabulous instrument because of its intonation, sound and projection.
I've heard Ken play this a number of times, as well as played it frequently myself. I'm really sad for Ken that he is letting this tuba go but it's going to serve its new owner tremendously well.
Christopher Blaha, DMA
Assoc. Professor of Tuba & Euphonium
The University of Akron
CC
pro musician
pro musician

Re: FS: PT6P

Post by CC »

Hi all,
I've personally played this instrument and can vouch for its quality. Ken really takes care of his instruments and this would be a terrific PT6P if you're in the market.

Best,
Chris Combest
Chris Combest
Nashville, TN