FS: Besson Prestige 2052 Euphonium

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
IanLester
lurker
lurker

FS: Besson Prestige 2052 Euphonium

Post by IanLester »

For sale is a Besson Prestige 2052 euphonium located in Kansas City, MO for $7,000.

-I am the original owner, having purchased the horn new in 2012.
-Serial # is 12000187
-Was serviced and cleaned (Ultrasonic cleaning) this past July as well as having had previous cleanings and being taken very good care of.
-Comes with the original hard case (rarely used), an SM3U Gold-plated mouthpiece with leather pouch (in pictures), and has a full set of MeadSprings in the horn.
- I have taken great care of this horn and it is in great condition with the exception of 3 tiny dents, 1 of which is on the bell and could easily be removed, and a spot on the outside of the 1st valve casing where the silver plating has flaked off. This spot has not spread and only got bigger when I took the horn in for a cleaning. There are also some spots of light tarnish on the horn from normal aging that could be removed/minimized with some silver polish. There are some scratches inside the bell from frequent mute usage and other light scratches near the lead pipe on the main tube from what I think is from my gig bag zipper. Other than that, the horn is shiny and looks great!
-Willing to ship within the U.S. or I can meet in person if you can make it out to KC!
-Both mouthpiece pictures and the first 3 pictures of the horn were taken on 12/8/18 and the last two pictures of the horn were taken earlier this year and two years ago respectively

Pictures Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank"

You can contact me at ianeuphonium@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank"

Thanks!

Ian Lester
Graduate Teaching Assistant
University of Missouri-Kansas City Conservatory of Music and Dance
4949 Cherry St.
Kansas City, MO 64110
drow2buh
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Besson Prestige 2052 Euphonium

Post by drow2buh »

Still available? I’ll be passing through town this Sunday and back through the next Sunday.
Assistant Professor of Low Brass
University of Wisconsin - Platteville
B&S Tuba Artist/Clinician