B&S MRP F Tuba 6/4 with Custom MAW valves and buttons

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
AlvinTuba2
lurker
lurker

B&S MRP F Tuba 6/4 with Custom MAW valves and buttons

Post by AlvinTuba2 »

Hello!

I am selling my MRP F tuba listed with the pictures down below. It really has been the best F tuba I have ever played on. The reason why I've decided to sell it is because of a long personal story but to sum that up my senior year in school I received and injury from over playing and other physical issues with my embouchure. Before the injury though, I was able to advance into the finals for the most recent Army Field Band audition and this tuba helped me achieve that. After that date though is when my playing issues ensued. My playing is different and has gotten better but I am not where I once was. I'm currently majoring in music education and will also graduate with my initial performance degree the following year and I will be using my school's f tuba for that performance.

To put it simple, this tuba is regarded as one of the best out there and I am not giving it it's deserved justice by my change of career path and I want it to go into the hands of a player that will really make great use of it! I play on a PT 6 CC tuba and the paring of these tubas work incredibly.

The tuba is in great condition and has no issues with it. I never have valve sticking issues with the lubricant that I use and intonation has always worked really well for me especially with how powerful the low register is on this tuba. I bought this tuba from one of the previous tubists of the Louisville Orchestra, Chris Combest, and he had nothing but high praise for it and played it on the professional level.

This tuba also contains the MAW valve system from Martin Wilk. It certainly makes a difference in playing the instrument and I think helps with smoother transitions between notes.

I am selling this for $10,500 and the horn is located in Canton Georgia.

These tubas listed new are right around 12,000 and with the custom MAW valves and buttons from what I've researched can be even more than 1,000 for that alone. I feel that my asking price is quite fair for this being the "it" f tuba as referred to some and all that it comes with. If you have any questions please feel free to directly message me or comment below. Thank you!
AlvinTuba2
lurker
lurker

Re: B&S MRP F Tuba 6/4 with Custom MAW valves and buttons

Post by AlvinTuba2 »

The file size for the pictures are too big for this forum so here is a google drive folder with the pictures.

Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... fvi0R_nR_K" target="_blank
CC
pro musician
pro musician

Post by CC »

This is a great example of these horns and the best MRP-F I could find, I really enjoyed owning it and it served me well. The valve buttons are Wilk and are hand hammered copper with the texture you see, very nice to play on too. Bump for Alvin!
Chris Combest
Nashville, TN
AlvinTuba2
lurker
lurker

Post by AlvinTuba2 »

This is now sold. Thank you