Miraphone 181 F 6v

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
MDMusicTeacher87
lurker
lurker

Miraphone 181 F 6v

Post by MDMusicTeacher87 »

For Sale, Miraphone 181 F 6v (4+2). I bought this tuba back around 2006/7 from Dillon Music. The day prior Alan Baer had sold all of his Miraphone equipment as he made the switch as a Meinl Weston Rep. This was one of those instruments and I fell in love with it from the first note. It is an extremely versatile instrument as is has a meaty low C but is also quite nimble above the staff. I hate to see this instrument go but I'm not in the financial position to have it locked up in my spare room only to take it out to play a couple of solos and excerpts once in a while.

The tuba is in great condition with the lacquer only missing in a couple of small spots and on the first valve (it had some work done prior to me owning it). There are two dents that you can see in the pictures. The one on the bell is from an issue I was having with the first valve slide being too loose and falling out when I sat the tuba on its bell.

This instrument will be sold as is (no mouthpiece or case) and I'm asking $6500. I live on the eastern shore of Maryland but am willing to travel to Baltimore/DC. I don't know how to safely ship (especially without a case) but if you know how to and purchase the materials and pay shipping costs we can certainly make that happen as well.

Pictures can be found below. Please let me know if you have any questions.

(for higher quality images use the link below)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2Ymvuq9iuhLoKCQ89" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
geomiklas
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Miraphone 181 F 6v

Post by geomiklas »

Lovely horn!
1967 Mirafone 186 CC 5U Tuba
1974 Mirafone 184 CC 5U Tuba
1948 Besson 2-20 CC Sousaphone
2022 Eastern Music (Jinbao) C 4U Euphonium
John Packer JP134 C Valve Trombone
WANTED: Miraphone 56A 5U C Kaiser Baritone (5 or 4+1) :tuba:
jonesbrass
4 valves
4 valves

Post by jonesbrass »

MDMusicTeacher87 wrote:For Sale, Miraphone 181 F 6v (4+2). I bought this tuba back around 2006/7 from Dillon Music. The day prior Alan Baer had sold all of his Miraphone equipment as he made the switch as a Meinl Weston Rep. This was one of those instruments and I fell in love with it from the first note. It is an extremely versatile instrument as is has a meaty low C but is also quite nimble above the staff. I hate to see this instrument go but I'm not in the financial position to have it locked up in my spare room only to take it out to play a couple of solos and excerpts once in a while.

The tuba is in great condition with the lacquer only missing in a couple of small spots and on the first valve (it had some work done prior to me owning it). There are two dents that you can see in the pictures. The one on the bell is from an issue I was having with the first valve slide being too loose and falling out when I sat the tuba on its bell.

This instrument will be sold as is (no mouthpiece or case) and I'm asking $6500. I live on the eastern shore of Maryland but am willing to travel to Baltimore/DC. I don't know how to safely ship (especially without a case) but if you know how to and purchase the materials and pay shipping costs we can certainly make that happen as well.

Pictures can be found below. Please let me know if you have any questions.

(for higher quality images use the link below)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2Ymvuq9iuhLoKCQ89" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
PM sent.
Willson 3050S CC, Willson 3200S F, B&S PT-10, BMB 6/4 CC, 1922 Conn 86I
Gone but not forgotten:
Cerveny 681, Musica-Steyr F, Miraphone 188, Melton 45, Conn 2J, B&M 5520S CC, Shires Bass Trombone, Cerveny CFB-653-5IMX, St. Petersburg 202N
MDMusicTeacher87
lurker
lurker

Post by MDMusicTeacher87 »

Bump
ryschnei
bugler
bugler

Post by ryschnei »

PMd