BBb FRANKENTUBA FOR SALE! - SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Mike Lopp
bugler
bugler

BBb FRANKENTUBA FOR SALE! - SOLD

Post by Mike Lopp »

Hi!

I am selling my BBb Frankentuba. I have had it for a little less than a year. I traded with mcdctuba2014 last April. It has a 22 inch Conn bell and a Conn 20J body. It was put together by Art Hovey and was the horn in his Tubenet article on how to create a proper storage box for mailing called "Packing a big Tuba for Shipment." You can read more about this tuba, if you search "FS/FT Conn Frankentuba $1500 (Traded)". I have replaced most of the braces on this horn as well as replaced the spit valves and turned the bell so the scroll work shows outward. I have had made a couple of fourth valve extensions. The instrument was also recently chemically cleaned. This horn should play for many more decades. In addition, I am including an Alteri Gig Bag that I had made for it and will throw in an unbranded mouthpiece that is in perfect condition. (My wife insists) I am working on pictures and will add a link as soon as I figure out how.

PROS
This Tuba is very easy to play in the bottom range. The easiest I have ever owned. In addition, it plays very well up through
the bass clef staff up into the high register. It is a wonderful instrument for anyone playing in a large concert band in that it will supply a large/dark bottom to the ensemble. It plays big.

CONS
It is an older horn and has some age spots on it. It looks a little "non-traditional." It plays pretty well in tune but you will
need to use alternate fingerings for some notes. I used to play an old Alex so that was never a big deal to me.

Why are you selling?
Well, I miss playing CC tuba and I play in smaller ensembles as well as my community band. In other words, I am thinking of downsizing.

Terms
You will pay for the shipping. I will drive reasonable distances to help with this.

If you are interested please PM me here or at jmichaellopp@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank.
Last edited by Mike Lopp on Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Member Greensboro Concert Band
Greensboro Community Tuba/Euphonium Ensemble
Charlotte Tuba/Euphonium Ensemble
Triad Community Band
BM and MM Music Education UNC-Greensboro
Mike Lopp
bugler
bugler

Re: BBb FRANKENTUBA FOR SALE! - $2000.00

Post by Mike Lopp »

This is a link to my photographs.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing" target="_blank
Triad Community Band
mcdctuba2014
lurker
lurker

Post by mcdctuba2014 »

For any hobbyists or first time tuba purchasers, I definitely recommend checking out this horn. It does have some weird alternate fingerings, but nothing that's impossible to work around, and the evenness of the mid-upper register and the sheer power of the low register of this horn is worth it. On top of that, you'll never see another horn like it and it's always an interesting conversation piece. I personally loved this horn and only traded it to switch to CC. Again for anyone looking for their first horn, or for anyone looking for a solid bottom horn for a larger ensemble, this horn will give you more bang for your buck than many other horns in this price range.
Mike Lopp
bugler
bugler

Post by Mike Lopp »

Thanks mcdtuba, I really appreciate it!

Mike
Triad Community Band
Mike Lopp
bugler
bugler

Post by Mike Lopp »

HI!

The Horn has sold. Thanks for all your interest.

MIke Lopp
Triad Community Band