For Sale Yamaha YCB-822S Custom CC tuba (Sold)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
ncoumos
lurker
lurker

For Sale Yamaha YCB-822S Custom CC tuba (Sold)

Post by ncoumos »

I believe this tuba is in very good condition considering its age. I have owned it for about 10 years and I really don't use it enough to keep it any longer. Most of my playing today is in a quintet so I am using an F tuba for all of my work. I believe it is one of the early horns because the serial number is under 150 but I really don't know. I bought it used. There is evidence that the bottom bow was removed at one time probably to access dents. My repair guy said that the work appears to be very good. There was also some minor bell damage about an inch from the rim that you can see in the pictures. I had my repair guy work on it but it is still visible. It looks worse in the pictures. There are no real dents, just a few ripples here and there. The silver plate is generally very good, but a little rough on the first valve tubing where your hand sits. I have a Protec bag for it, but it doesn't fit the horn that well and you should plan on purchasing a better one. The horn deserves it. There is no hard case with the horn.

It is a Yamaha and a professional model horn. The low register is very good and the intonation is excellent throughout the entire range of the horn. The horn has just been serviced. Chemically cleaned, valves aligned, rotor serviced, everything works as it should. Ready for years of trouble-free playing. These horns have been selling for between $5000 and $6000 dollars in similar or worse condition. The silver ones usually bring more but I would be willing to sell this horn for $5000. I live in Pittsburgh PA and would be willing to drive a bit to meet a buyer if necessary. Pictures are here: https://imgur.com/a/36HnSCD" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by ncoumos on Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tjswishdog
lurker
lurker

Re: For Sale Yamaha YCB-822S Custom CC tuba

Post by Tjswishdog »

Pm’d
Mark Horne
bugler
bugler

Post by Mark Horne »

I owned one of these for a while. No downsides to this model; it definitely leans towards the American 4/4 York style of sound profile. Very versatile horn.
Alexander 163 CC 5V, MW Thor, Mel Culbertson Neptune, B&S Symphonie F 6V
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

A friend of mine played one of these in college. He could get a very big sound out of it, and it sounded great! Seems like a lot of tuba for the price
ncoumos
lurker
lurker

Post by ncoumos »

I have someone that will try it this Saturday. I can't imagine he won't like it, but if he doesn't there are two more potential buyers after him. I would say the horn is sold.
cherrm1
bugler
bugler

Post by cherrm1 »

Did this instrument sell?
---
York/King Custom BBb (Tabor-built)
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves