SOLD: Miraphone 1291 CC in silver - $8,000

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
kingrob76
3 valves
3 valves

SOLD: Miraphone 1291 CC in silver - $8,000

Post by kingrob76 »

SOLD!

UPDATE: New photos! The horn is back from being chem cleaned, completely polished, ports aligned, any little dents removed, and all corks / felts / bumpers replaced. This is a low-mileage horn, and it's as close to new as you can get without actually being new. Pictures can be found here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/mQ4L6BvVYbrFoZW77. Here's some particulars on this horn:

- I am the original owner. I bought the horn in 2008 when I went to Woodwind and Brasswind and picked it from a litter of about 20 or so on hand. I would say the horn is in excellent condition, but I'm biased. It's had a couple cleanings and I've only used synthetics (Hetman's) on it for lubricants. The silver is 100%. Intonation is spot on, plays well with different types of mouthpieces, and blows free in every register. No gotchas or anomalies - this is as fine a specimen of a 1291 as you will see in the wild.

- Price is $8,000 and includes a two-tone Cronkhite leather bag (smooth black and cinnamon, made by Glenn in 2008). It's got the lighter Yamaha euphonium springs in it right now, but I've also got the original ones (which are legit heavy in my opinion).

The horn is in Northern VA near DC. Not interested in trades. Will ship at your expense, willing to drive a few hours to deliver.

Please PM me with any questions. Thanks!

Rob Ross
Last edited by kingrob76 on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:42 am, edited 7 times in total.
Rob. Just Rob.
Tom Holtz
Push Button Make Sound
Push Button Make Sound

Re: FS: Miraphone 1291 CC in silver

Post by Tom Holtz »

Wow. This is a great horn, love the low register on it. Part of me doesn’t want to see you sell it!

kingrob76
3 valves
3 valves

Post by kingrob76 »

Artwork, suitable for hanging on your refrigerator:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mQ4L6BvVYbrFoZW77

Someone asked how the horn sounds - so I pulled a recording of an orchestra I used to play with in the absolute driest hall you've ever seen in your life, so here's Tchaikovsky 5 1st movement https://soundcloud.com/rob-ross-8364719 ... t-movement. I think the tuba is pretty easy to fish out of the mess :)
Last edited by kingrob76 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob. Just Rob.
kingrob76
3 valves
3 valves

Post by kingrob76 »

Tom Holtz wrote:Wow. This is a great horn, love the low register on it. Part of me doesn’t want to see you sell it!
I'm probably making a mistake selling this thing so don't give me second thoughts!
Rob. Just Rob.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: FS: Miraphone 1291 CC in silver - pictures added

Post by bort »

Nice recordings! I remember long ago when you considered buying my 1291... glad you found another one that worked well for you. Looks and sounds great, so I hope your next tuba will be even better.

Plus, Tom didn't even give you a hard time about it... :)
kingrob76
3 valves
3 valves

Post by kingrob76 »

bort wrote:Nice recordings! I remember long ago when you considered buying my 1291... glad you found another one that worked well for you. Looks and sounds great, so I hope your next tuba will be even better.

Plus, Tom didn't even give you a hard time about it... :)
I'm sure I'll get some of the business over beer and barbecue this weekend at the Army workshop....
Rob. Just Rob.
kingrob76
3 valves
3 valves

Post by kingrob76 »

If you are going to the Army Tuba / Euphonium Workshop this weekend at Ft. Myer in Arlington, VA and you're interested in the horn, please drop me a note and I'll work out a time / place for you to try it. I plan to be over there on Friday and Saturday and will have the horn with me (in my car, most accurately). I have a couple of people who have expressed interest post-conference so this is your chance to jump the line in front of them.
Rob. Just Rob.
kingrob76
3 valves
3 valves

Post by kingrob76 »

bump
Rob. Just Rob.
kingrob76
3 valves
3 valves

Re: FS: Miraphone 1291 CC in silver - pictures updated 2/15