Horns Need To Go

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Horns Need To Go

Post by Dan Schultz »

I have some items that have been here far to long:

- Marzan 'slant-rotor' CC. Listed for $3,500 (and well worth it) with case. Lacquer is 95%. Plays VERY well. Discounted to $3,000 or make an offer.
- Holton 'raincatcher' sousa. New valve rebuild. Silver. Listed at $2,850. Discounted to $1,850 or make an offer.
- Holton 'short-action' sousa. Descent lacquer. Very rare. Listed for $2,500. Willing to take $1,700.
- Carl Ziess by Cerveny. BBb. 4 rotors. Raw brass. Listed for $1,950. Will take $1,600. On hold until February 10th.
- B & S/VMI model 101 BBb. 4 rotors. New gigbag. Listed for $2,500. Will take $2,000. On hold. Check back after February 5th.

Images upon request. Email me at danschultz@wowway.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by Dan Schultz on Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
albooda
bugler
bugler

Re: Horns Need To Go

Post by albooda »

HI, Dan!
Very interested in the model 101 for myself. Slides and valves ok? What kind of shape is it in overall?
Thanks
Sean
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

albooda wrote:HI, Dan!
Very interested in the model 101 for myself. Slides and valves ok? What kind of shape is it in overall?
Thanks
Sean
This horn is in great shape and plays VERY well. It's in raw brass. NO dents. I refurbished and traded it to a fellow a little over a year ago. His interests changed and he asked me to sell it for him. Email me for images.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

I'd be interested in one of the Sousaphones. Probably the raincatcher.
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

edsel585960 wrote:I'd be interested in one of the Sousaphones. Probably the raincatcher.
As I mentioned... email me at danschultz@wowway.com" target="_blank and I'll be happy to send you images.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

Bump for an edit. The Zeiss tuba, the B & S 101, and the Holton 'short-action' sousa have offers pending. Check back after February 4th.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

Whoever gets the B&S 101, if you want a traditional “tall German 4/4 BBb” you will not find a better tuba out there. If I had the dough and the legitimate need for it, I would have taken it home with me a month ago. Fun to play is an understatement, with equally good high and low ranges.
All of those horns there are good, and the Marzan has a fantastic tone and better intonation than many of the Marzan or B&M CC tubas of that overall design (much, much better than a B&M 5520 I owned a couple decades ago, and better than another Marzan CC I tried about 15 years ago.) A couple days with the main slide in the left hand, and that horn would be spot on every note.
Dan did a great job “finishing” my massive BART project, although it is never truly finished ;)
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

Doc wrote:Dan,

What's the latest on the B&S 101?
Gone to a new home. So has the Zeiss (Cerveny)... the WESSEX Eb... the Holton short-action sousa... and the Holton 'raincatcher'.

Only the Marzan CC is left for sale.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
Chemicalbrotner
bugler
bugler

Post by Chemicalbrotner »

Do you have any projects you would like to sell Dan?
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

Chemicalbrotner wrote:Do you have any projects you would like to sell Dan?
I probably have some 'projects that aren't 'projects' yet. The short answer is 'no'.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
Chemicalbrotner
bugler
bugler

Post by Chemicalbrotner »

Do you have any piston tubas coming up for sale.....or even projects?
Womp$
lurker
lurker

Post by Womp$ »

Is the Marzan still available? And if so is it 4 or 5 valves?
SUU Music Ed
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

Womp$ wrote:Is the Marzan still available? And if so is it 4 or 5 valves?
I have a VERY nice Marzan 'slant-rotor' 4V BBb for sale. Asking $3,500. Email for pictures. danschultz@wowway.com" target="_blank
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"