FS: Wessex Bombino Eb 3/4 Tuba

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
bone-a-phone
bugler
bugler

FS: Wessex Bombino Eb 3/4 Tuba

Post by bone-a-phone »

Wessex Bombino for sale. With hard case and original mouthpiece. Excellent condition. No dents, never left the house. 3/4 Eb 3+1 compensating. $1900. Located in Virginia.

PM me for pictures.
bone-a-phone
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Wessex Bombino Eb 3/4 Tuba

Post by bone-a-phone »

A few inquiries, no money as yet. Here are some pictures:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nf54bizmh8v7 ... zI7Ja?dl=0" target="_blank
bone-a-phone
bugler
bugler

Post by bone-a-phone »

Price reduced to $1800 plus shipping.
bone-a-phone
bugler
bugler

Post by bone-a-phone »

They raised the retail price on these, and this one is in great shape. Looks new from 6 feet.
Voisi1ev
bugler
bugler

Post by Voisi1ev »

bone-a-phone wrote:They raised the retail price on these, and this one is in great shape. Looks new from 6 feet.
I paid $1300 used for one that was a fair bit older (can tell by some of the small differences in make) and in worse, shape. Seems like a good/fair deal.

I bought it with the idea of dipping my toes in Eb and Love it. Not a super light horn, but small enough to play standing pretty well, although milage my vary.

Good band director horn, really easy to play while walking around the room or standing up on the podium.

I also used it while filling in with a small concert band over the summer, like 30 players.

Love mine, someone buy it!
bone-a-phone
bugler
bugler

Post by bone-a-phone »

Voisi1ev, thanks for the plug.
I'm a trombone player, and thought this would be my entry way into tuba. I like playing it, but just never gigged. Might stick to tbone and euph. It's very easy to play, and once you get the Eb thing, it's like a big euphonium. Has original hard case with wheels in new condition, and a leather strap for playing while marching or standing. Comes with original mouthpiece (very small by tuba standards, but cozy for a bone player). Fun doubling instrument.

Will have it at ATW in DC March 7 if you want to see/play it and avoid shipping.
bone-a-phone
bugler
bugler

Post by bone-a-phone »

If you'll be at ATW in DC this week, you can avoid shipping costs plus try before you buy.
bone-a-phone
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Wessex Bombino Eb 3/4 Tuba= SOLD

Post by bone-a-phone »

Bombino is sold. Thanks.