FS: VMI-made Musica CC 5 rotor

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
AshG
lurker
lurker

FS: VMI-made Musica CC 5 rotor

Post by AshG »

I am selling my VMI-made Musica CC horn. She's 4/4, 5 rotor, 21 years old, and has taken me more places than I ever thought possible.

The horn is in good condition - regularly cleaned and oiled, very few small dents (all pictured), and very little lacquer wear outside of the bottom bow and the valve finger plates. There was one mouthpiece drop dent on the bell that has been rolled out (pictured). The valves have recently been reworked by Steven Dixon and are butter-smooth. Playing references (intonation, slotting, etc) are available upon request from several DMA-level musicians.

The horn is currently located in Hattiesburg, MS. I am a student at Southern Miss (SMTTT!) and am finishing my doctorate in Music Ed/Wind Conducting this summer. I am taking lessons with Dr. Perry and playing in the tuba ensemble (See you at ITEC!). I have another horn lined up; the difference between the selling price of this horn and the buying price of the other horn will go in savings to help with my family's upcoming move to whatever university I find a job with.

I am asking $6300 plus shipping but am willing to haggle. The gig bag is included.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
AshG
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: VMI-made Musica CC 5 rotor

Post by AshG »

I need this to move before I lose the opportunity for the other horn. Anyone with recommendations on how to do so, please message me.