Miraphone 186

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
acemorgan
bugler
bugler

Miraphone 186

Post by acemorgan »

Willing to sell a Miraphone BBb 186 tuba. The serial number places the instrument’s origin back in the mid 1960s. The valves and slides are all in good working order. I have been playing this horn for the last twenty years, and it still plays very well. I am only selling because I am looking to downsize (literally) and get a smaller instrument. This is not a project horn, nor should it only be regarded as a source of parts. It is in good playing condition. There is a small dent in the lead pipe just before the first valve, and the bottom bow has a dent from when the horn was languishing in a public school before I got it. There is no case.
I am asking $2,000.
I am in Tucson, AZ, if anyone is nearby and wants to check it out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Previously:
Reynolds TB-14
Mirafone (yes, with an F) 186
Currently:
Wessex Dolce Tenor Tuba
acemorgan
bugler
bugler

Re: Miraphone 186

Post by acemorgan »

Price reduced to $1,800.
Previously:
Reynolds TB-14
Currently:
Wessex Dolce Tenor Tuba
acemorgan
bugler
bugler

Post by acemorgan »

Sold!
Previously:
Reynolds TB-14
Currently:
Wessex Dolce Tenor Tuba
anotherjtm2
3 valves
3 valves

Post by anotherjtm2 »

Thanks to acemorgan for a smooth sale and a great packing job for Greyhound shipping. The valves are indeed smooth, it's nice to play, and I'm quite pleased with my new 53-year-old horn.
John Morris
- 1960s CC Scherzer/Sander