Meinl Weston 2000 CC for sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
CJBlaha
pro musician
pro musician

Meinl Weston 2000 CC for sale

Post by CJBlaha »

Sorry Mr. Hall......
I am selling a Meinl Weston 2000 CC tuba in brand new condition. I would like to move to a very large CC tuba and need to sell this one to make my purchase. This is an excellent instrument...one of the finest 4/4 CC tubas available. I am asking $10,000 and comes with a Precieux/Perantucci deluxe gig bag. Please email me with inquiries. Photos available upon request.
Thanks,
Chris
CJBlaha
pro musician
pro musician

Post by CJBlaha »

Oh yeah, my email is cblaha@umich.edu
Christopher Blaha, DMA
Assoc. Professor of Tuba & Euphonium
The University of Akron
tubalex
pro musician
pro musician

Post by tubalex »

This particular horn is a steal, especially considering it's in mint condition, and that the seller is obessive about keeping the inside perfectly clean and functional, along with a pretty outside. I've had a chance to blow on it a few times, and everytime it's like picking it up straight from the factory shop; perfect condition.

Chris is letting go of what is probably the best all around CC out there (for his own, thought out, and particular reasons). I've heard pros all over the midwest use the 2000's and sound great in high-profile bands, quintets, and this model sounded great for Mahler 3 last year with the Cleveland orchestra.

I can't figure out why Chris's 2000 didn't sell the first day, especially with so many people trying to tweek their equipment, and to find a good horn which has the response of the best Perantucci's, the easiest intonation, and the flexibility to handle delicate chamber music and big romantic orchestral rep. And this goes double with so many auditions coming up, you need the ease which this model can give you. Makes me wish I were in the market again, I can tell you.

This is a special tuba. Check it out! You won't regret it.

-Alex Lapins
Associate Instructor, Indiana Universty
2004 tuba fellow, Tanglewood Music Center Orchestra
CJBlaha
pro musician
pro musician

Post by CJBlaha »

This tuba is still for sale. Please email me cblaha@umich.edu if you have interest.
Thanks.
Chris
Christopher Blaha, DMA
The University of Akron
CJBlaha
pro musician
pro musician

Post by CJBlaha »

The tuba is now at the Brasswind. Go buy it.
Christopher Blaha, DMA
The University of Akron
rascaljim
pro musician
pro musician

Post by rascaljim »

I bought it... it's a great tuba.