FS: Besson 993 BBb (great for brass band!)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
tubaport
bugler
bugler

FS: Besson 993 BBb (great for brass band!)

Post by tubaport »

Up for sale is a nice condition, silver, 4 piston, compensating Besson 993 BBb tuba. These horns are no longer built and you don’t see them very often. I’ve spent the last few years playing this horn in brass band, often times as the only BBb, and can say it resonates very well/puts out a lot of sound. It takes the many great things about the Besson 994’s brass band sound and eliminates the uncomfortable 3+1 handling position. For those familiar with this model, they were known for having an intonation issue with the first valve, particularly first space Ab being flat. This horn’s first valve slide was shorten by Martin Wilk allowing that pitch to be moved up, fixing the problems.

The horn was bought from Andy at the Wessex booth at NABBA a few years back where it got a lot of attention! I’m helping a friend sell the horn and for the size and amount of sound it puts out, it’s a great bargain. While the horn does not come with a case, it’s up for sale at $4800.

Located in the Cincinnati, OH area. Since there’s no case, this one will need to be picked up to avoid shipping damage. Feel free to let me know if I can answer any questions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tubaport on Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kyle Hurst

”Wagner use to read the libretti of his operas to his friends; I’m glad I was not there.”
Ralph Vaughan Williams
tubaport
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Besson 993 BBb (great for brass band!)

Post by tubaport »

Pictures
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kyle Hurst

”Wagner use to read the libretti of his operas to his friends; I’m glad I was not there.”
Ralph Vaughan Williams
tubaport
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Besson 993 BBb (great for brass band!)

Post by tubaport »

Bump
Kyle Hurst

Ralph Vaughan Williams