Miraphone 281 "Firebird" 6 valve F Tuba SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Andy Rummel
pro musician
pro musician

Miraphone 281 "Firebird" 6 valve F Tuba SOLD

Post by Andy Rummel »

I am selling my 6 yr old yellow brass, 6 valve (5+1) F tuba. I purchased the tuba brand new in 2013 and I am the only owner. Tuba is in fantastic condition. The instrument suffered a little damage in shipment (small dent near thumb ring, see pic) but the dent has been taken out. I had a small mouthpiece ping on the bell that has also been rolled out, but there is a tiny bit of scarring as you can see in the pic. There was a small dent near the 6th valve paddle but that too has been removed. Finally, there are two very small spots of acid bleed, one near lead pipe and one near a soldier brace. There are one or two small scratches, but overall the instrument is easily a 9 out of 10 in condition The tuba has been ultrasonically cleaned once a year by Carl’s Pro Band in Bloomington, Illinois.

Intonation is spot on, and I have used this instrument in virtually every ensemble and solo situation. It is not mouthpiece sensitive, but I have had awesome experiences with the Shires 9 and a PT-64/65. Tuba comes with blue Miraphone gig bag, but no hard case.

Tuba is located in Bloomington/Normal, Illinois. Price is $8200 or best offer. I will gladly ship the instrument, but buyer will pay all shipping costs. If it is easier I would be willing to drive a bit to facilitate a drop off. I won’t ship the tuba for trials, but you are more than welcome to come to central Illinois for a play-test in our amazing concert hall.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you would like any additional photos. Feel free to PM or email "atrumme(at)ilstu(dot)edu"

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/igxssvzui865 ... OG9ja?dl=0

Andy Rummel
Illinois State University
Andy Rummel
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Miraphone 281 "Firebird" 6 valve F Tuba SOLD

Post by Andy Rummel »

Tuba has sold. Thanks for the interest.