FS: B&S PT-6P with Gig Bag

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
jdltuba
bugler
bugler

FS: B&S PT-6P with Gig Bag

Post by jdltuba »

Hello All,

I'm selling my PT-6P with a gig bag. Please see below for details:

History
• This tuba was purchased new in 2013 from Custom Music International in Ferndale, MI. It was personally selected out of a batch of two PT-6Ps at the store
Specs
• CC tuba
• Brass lacquer with silver accents
• 4 piston valves, 1 rotary valve (thumb)
• Adjustable thumb ring
• 3 spit valves for easy emptying
• 19” bell
• Comes with a blue gig bag. Gig bag has been repaired and reinforced. Prior to repair, the gig bag was not the best. After reinforcements, it is more durable and safe
• Minor dents on back bow and bottom bow
• Minor scratches and lacquer wear from constant use. None of these blemishes affect playing

Versatility
This tuba has been useful in various settings. I’ve used it in many orchestras including the Lansing Symphony and Cincinnati Pops Orchestra as well as the Civic Orchestra of Chicago. It played well for me in school ensembles (orchestra and band) and was great for solo playing and chamber music. I’ve used the horn for various auditions including auditions for the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, the Fort Wayne Philharmonic, and the Seattle Symphony.

Playing Review
• The instrument slots notes very well across all registers; notes respond quickly and with full tone
• Intonation is solid; slide pulling is needed for some notes as it is on all horns. The 6th partial, as it is on most horns, is sharp so I find that a 1st & 2nd valve combination for top line G and a 1st combination for top line Ab are useful
• There is a useful amount of resistance on this horn, creating a classic German tuba sound. The low register can really pop with this added resistance

Reason for Selling
• I recently purchased a 6/4 size CC tuba and I don’t have the need (or the funds!) for two CC tubas

Pricing, Contact, and Location Details
• The horn is located in Kansas City, MO. I’m willing to travel a reasonable distance to meet serious prospective buyers
• Price: $10,000 which includes the horn and the gig bag. I will consider other offers or best offers!

Please email me at jdlefevre@sbcglobal.net" target="_blank or contact me via this forum.

Pictures can be seen at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k6cy15dpl41j ... H6ama?dl=0" target="_blank

Please pass the word along to any and all that are interested! Thank you!
Joe LeFevre
Kansas City Symphony
cmcneal
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: B&S PT-6P with Gig Bag

Post by cmcneal »

Hi Joe,
Would you consider a 4/4 Rudy Meinl?
Kpen
bugler
bugler