FS/FT: Tuba and Trombone Mouthpieces Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

FS/FT: Tuba and Trombone Mouthpieces

Postby shinytuba7 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:41 pm

EDIT: Would be willing to sell as a group for a discounted price! PM to discuss.

Hi all! Here is a list of mouthpieces I'm looking to sell or trade for:

Bass Trombone:
Schilke 59 Long Shank Repaired - $20
Older, longer shank of the 59. Current Schilke shanks are cut and beveled. I used this one as a backup, leaving it in my case just to make sure I had the mouthpiece I wanted. Shank was repaired at one time, before my ownership, and there are nicks and scratches on the rim.

Tuba:
-Wedge SM Solo Delrin Heavyweight - $65
description here: https://store.wedgemouthpiece.com/sm-solo-tuba-mouthpiece-acrylic/.
I believe this was the first delrin version of this mouthpiece made. Due to an issue with the blanks, a multipurpose blank was used for this mouthpiece. It made the outer contour of the mouthpiece slightly different and the throat slight larger. This is also the heavyweight, meaning it has more mass around the cup than standard mouthpieces, which I am not sure if they still offer. I ordered this in 2014 and I believe they may have moved to a new 2.0 version, but I cannot find anything related to that mentioned on their current website. The website also mentions Acrylic for the material for the mouthpieces. I am not sure if it is the same material, but I know this mouthpiece was made out of Delrin.

-Wedge SM Solo Heavyweight - $100
description here: https://store.wedgemouthpiece.com/sm-solo-tuba-mouthpiece/.
Plating is coming off the cup and shank, mostly due to a mouthpiece case I have that doesn't like silver plated mouthpieces. None of the plating loss is on the rim or cup. This is the heavyweight, which I am not sure if they still offer. I ordered this in 2014 and I believe they may have moved to a new 2.0 version, but I cannot find anything related to that mentioned on their current website.

-Melton 24AW - $30
New in the bag. Found it in a case I just bought. Has some tarnish on the shank and rim, possibly from the plating process. Half of what a Faxx of this type sells for new. Looks to be the same from a quick glance at some pictures.

-Laskey 28G Euro. Shank - $120
Info can be found here: http://www.laskey.com/tuba%20mouthpieces.html
Purchased this thinking it was an Amer. Shank. It is a great mouthpiece, but I just have no use for a Euro shank at this time. Slight scratching on the shank and very minimal plating loss on the rim.

Add $10 for shipping to all prices. I will only ship to the Continental US. All mouthpieces are located in Connecticut. If you purchase multiple mouthpieces, I would be more than happy to waive the shipping cost.
Mouthpieces do not come with cases unless you buy 4, as I have 2 4-slot mouthpiece pouches.
*EDIT: Payment through PayPal only.*

I will be posting pictures in a day or two once I get everything polished and cleaned.
Link to pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6zfeaorbfe9ypmw/AADzjyiAb39F65VumjAPgXqta?dl=0

Please feel free to PM with any questions you have or if you have anything you would like to trade for.
Here is a list of what I would be interested in:

Sellmansberger (Bloke) Parts:
-Orchestra Grand Amer. Shank
-Sellmansberger #1 32.3mm
-Sellmansberger #2 32.3mm

Houser Mouthpiece Ordnance:
-MO HBG Small 32.4mm

Parker Mouthpieces:
-Hersey Amer. Shank
-Helleberg Amer. Shank
-Hitz Amer. Shank
-Hersey Cup
-Helleberg Cup
-Hitz Cup
-Hall Cup

As always, thank you to everyone in advance for your interest and I hope you have a great day!
Last edited by shinytuba7 on Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:27 am, edited 20 times in total.
Mirafone 185
1933-1934 Conn 36J - For Sale
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Re: FS/FT: Tuba and Bass Trombone Mouthpieces

Postby shinytuba7 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:06 am

Bump for added pictures and some updated descriptions. Again, please pm if you have any questions. If anyone is having issues viewing the photos, please feel free to pm me as well, and I can see if it is a permission issue or if I need to send them to you as attachments.
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Postby happyroman » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:28 am

FYI, even though the Mike Finn H is not listed on his website, he still sells them and you can order via direct email to him. I recently purchased one from him with gold plated rim and cup. He sent if to Goldchops who did the plating and then sent it directly to me, all in about a week.
Andy
happyroman
3 valves
3 valves

Postby shinytuba7 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:36 am

happyroman wrote:FYI, even though the Mike Finn H is not listed on his website, he still sells them and you can order via direct email to him. I recently purchased one from him with gold plated rim and cup. He sent if to Goldchops who did the plating and then sent it directly to me, all in about a week.

Well that's great to know and glad people have the option to purchase it directly from him still!
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Postby shinytuba7 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:24 am

Bump. Would love to sell these or trade them for bloke-parts or bloke-compatible parts. If/when I sell most of them, bloke will be hearing from me!
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Postby shinytuba7 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:09 am

I know I just bumped this, but I have lowered the prices on some of the mouthpieces a bit as I looked at them and said they were a bit high. So bump for lowered prices!
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Postby shinytuba7 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:21 pm

Bump! I would love to trade for some mouthpiece components!
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Postby bort » Thu May 02, 2019 4:06 pm

That Mike Finn H is a fine mouthpiece. I used to own one, and liked it a lot. Very pretty in the two-tone!
Handmade B&S PT6
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Postby happyroman » Thu May 02, 2019 4:09 pm

bort wrote:That Mike Finn H is a fine mouthpiece. I used to own one, and liked it a lot. Very pretty in the two-tone!

This is my go to mouthpiece. It quite possibly has the most comfortable rim I have ever played. The modest heavy weight blank really provides for a very resonant sound, too.
Andy
happyroman
3 valves
3 valves

Postby shinytuba7 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:10 am

Bump for lowered prices. Would really love to trade for any of the components I have listed in the OP, but I could use the cash!

PM with questions!
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Re: FS/FT: Tuba and Trombone Mouthpieces

Postby shinytuba7 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:33 pm

Just added a few trombone mouthpieces, as it seems that is all anyone wants to purchase...... BUMP!
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Postby shinytuba7 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:33 am

Bump for some price updates on the Trombone mouthpieces and the Wedge mouthpieces. I don't like the Wedge rim personally and I don't have a trombone, so I can't really use those!
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Postby shinytuba7 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:31 am

Bump.

Removed some sold mouthpieces, lowered a few of the prices, and added a couple of mouthpieces.
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Postby shinytuba7 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:05 pm

Bump.
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT