(SOLD) Mirafone 181 5v F

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Bnich93
bugler
bugler

(SOLD) Mirafone 181 5v F

Post by Bnich93 »

For sale or trade is my Mirafone 181 which I have owned since mid 2013. It has been a fantastic horn with a great sound for solo repertoire and chamber music. The lacquer is about 90%, the wear is only noticeable by the player for the most part. There are also a hand full of small dings on the bell and outer bow, again nothing all that noticeable from a distance. I will attach a few pictures, but If you would like to see more detailed ones, send a pm and I will get in contact via cellphone.

As far as trades go, I am interested in moving to a piston Eb tuba. 5 valves if non compensated, 4 valves if compensated. i.e. Besson 983, 982, 981, Willson 3400s. I may be interested in Chinese horns, but there would need to be cash to make up the difference depending on the horn. Chinese horns i'm interested in are: Packer 377(even up trade in good condition), Wessex Gnagey(+cash). Let me know what horns ya got, worst I can say is no thanks.

Here's the catch though, I do not own a hard case for shipping, so I will not risk shipping at all. I am located in Valdosta, GA and am willing to drive a decent amount of miles to meet somebody half way if necessary.

If I missed an important detail please let me know and I can add the information to the post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bnich93 on Wed May 22, 2019 10:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hirsbrunner HB50 w/Warburton 30DL
John Packer 377s w/Parker Cantabile
Bnich93
bugler
bugler

Re: Mirafone 181 5v F $6,000/trade

Post by Bnich93 »

My fingers dont like nickel plating, so you can call me out for under-using some of the rotors if you like.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bnich93
bugler
bugler

Re: Mirafone 181 5v F $6,000obo/trade

Post by Bnich93 »

Bump. It will make a perfect horn for anyone seeking a great 5/4 F tuba. I am willing to be flexible on price as well.
Bnich93
bugler
bugler

Re: Mirafone 181 5v F $5,750obo/trade

Post by Bnich93 »

Bump for price update.
tubaport
bugler
bugler

Re: Mirafone 181 5v F $5,750obo/trade

Post by tubaport »

These are great horns! Anyone looking for a nice German Rotary F will be quite pleased.
Kyle Hurst

”Wagner use to read the libretti of his operas to his friends; I’m glad I was not there.”
Ralph Vaughan Williams