FS 5/4 CC Wisemann 900s $5500-SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
RoosterTuba
bugler
bugler

FS 5/4 CC Wisemann 900s $5500-SOLD

Post by RoosterTuba »

FOR SALE:

This tuba has gotten me through all of the most important moments of my career either audition-wise, getting calls back for subbing, recitals, you name it. I am selling it because I am moving into a different direction playing wise, and am currently in a not so great financial situation.

Details on the horn via Tom at Mack Brass:

Sound
My first experience with it was back to back with a real PT6 and the major difference that struck me was the sound. The sound was warmer with more core and not as bright as the PT6P. Second thing was how consistent the horn was from top to bottom. There was no shift or adjustments needed to make the sound even, it was just there. This is a great model that could compete with anything on the market today in the 5/4 class and in the right hands, I predict that this will be the first horn made in China that will win a major audition in the US.

Intonation
The horn is plug and play with very little tuning slide pull. The
only notes I have to pull are for the top of the staff f, which can be about 5-10 cents high, other than that I leave the first valve slide out about an inch and even in this position the first valve D is spot on as well as any 12 combinations. The open harmonics are
great, no alternate fingering needed. When talking about the false tones, the only note a little out is the open Bb at the top of the staff that seems to be a little flat, again this is an open false tone, the actual 1 st valve fingering is spot on. I mention this only because I use this
note within my flexibility exercises.
Low register tuning is another spot on feature very open and smooth.

Evenness
The horn plays very even from top to bottom and the most notable thing here is that the low register is something that next
to the Thore, there is no comparison with other horns in this Class. It plays with like an Alex and a very good German sound but just a bit bigger.

Compared to the Thore,
They both have the strong points and my comparison with the
owners Thore was a good one as he has the best Thore I have played so far. He could not believe how good the horn was. The only thing I thought the Thore was stronger on was the Low G, but anyone who has played a Thore knows that nothing else compares. The PT6 clone has a very open an even low register. One thing I can point out is that there is no change in resistance from the mid to low register, here is where the horn is amazingly consistent.

Craftsmanship
Since these are made by Wisemann there is very limited
production on this model. I can tell you that as far as craftsmanship, they do go the extra mile and this would compare with any other model costing 12-14k or more made anywhere in the world.

In speaking to others
that own a PT6 the complaint they have is the length of the
pull on the 1st and 4th valve inner tuning slides, on the Clone it is no different. This is something I asked the manufacturer to change and the first batch with the longer 1st and 4th valve slide is just another plus.

I can attest to all of this. It has been a great horn for large ensembles, and is flexible enough to find itself in any chamber music and solo musical performance.

Asking $5500, comes with TWO cases (chronkite and stock hardsoft case)

Email me at Stefan.roose@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank for inquires. Horn is located in Indianapolis, willing to drive a safe distance, would rather not ship.

Pictures and video: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 5ApPCDUSUu" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by RoosterTuba on Wed May 15, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stefan Roose

GA Butler University
Wisemann 5/4 CC Tuba
Mack Brass "PT-15"
akniffen
pro musician
pro musician

Re: FS 5/4 CC Wisemann 900s $5800

Post by akniffen »

Stefan has sounded very good on this horn. My advice to him has been consistently that he should not sell it. I understand his decision. It is a fine tuba at a fine price. Good luck with the sale, Stefan.
Tony Kniffen
RoosterTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS 5/4 CC Wisemann 900s $5800

Post by RoosterTuba »

Thank you for the kind words, Tony!
Stefan Roose

GA Butler University
Wisemann 5/4 CC Tuba
Mack Brass "PT-15"
RoosterTuba