Miraphone 1293 Silver For Sale Price Dropped and SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
mercedde196
lurker
lurker

Miraphone 1293 Silver For Sale Price Dropped and SOLD

Post by mercedde196 »

Miraphone 1293 Silver For Sale

Want to sell for: $10,000 OBO
First owner, purchased in 2013
Tuba comes with an Altieri gig bag.

This horn plays very well in tune, slides move very easily as well. It has a great sound and I’ve been able to use it in solos, performing with small chamber groups, wind band and orchestral settings. I am wanting to sell this horn because I’d like to get a larger tuba that fits me well.

Work that has been done:
This horn gets chemical cleaned once a year.
Service includes: valve alignment, replacement of alignment felts, bumpers and corks (all when necessary), and silver polishing
During a chemical cleaning session a couple of years ago there was some minor denting on the outer bow, the dents were taken out.
Three of the braces have separated but all have been repaired. 2/3 show little to no signs of damage or repair, the third brace shows a clear marking that it was repaired. Since having these repairs done I have not had any problems!
1st valve slide has slightly been shaved and moves much better because of it.
All slides move effortlessly (with the right lubrication: synthetic)
Major repairs/cleaning done by: Lee Stofer and Matt Walters

I will need to keep this horn until after the International Tuba and Euphonium Conference has concluded. If you'd like to try out this horn it will be at ITEC!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by mercedde196 on Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David E. Mercedes, M.M., B.M.
Graduate Teaching Assistant - University of Iowa
D.M.A. - Music Performance and Pedagogy (In progress), University of Iowa
email: mercedde196@gmail.com" target="_blank
Declan_Lynch
lurker
lurker

Re: Miraphone 1293 Silver For Sale

Post by Declan_Lynch »

This is probably one of the easiest playing horns that I have gotten to personally experience. I went to school with David during my undergrad and got to spend a fair amount of time on this 1293 horn. At the time I was playing a 1291, and this 1293 for sale blew it out of the water. The low register on this horn packs a punch while not requiring massive lungs to support it and has consistent intonation between all registers as well!

This is a great "feel good" horn!
Sousaswag
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Miraphone 1293 Silver For Sale

Post by Sousaswag »

I own a 1293 and everything that has already been said I agree with. If you're considering the 1291 or 1292 I'd give the 1293 a look before you make a move. It will blow the other two models out of the water. I might add that I was going to pull the trigger on a Thor before I got an email about my 1293. You won't be disappointed buying this instrument.

bump
Meinl Weston 5450RA Tuono
Willson 3200RZ-5