Tuba mouthpieces

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
LOWNOTEKING3
lurker
lurker

Tuba mouthpieces

Post by LOWNOTEKING3 »

Tuba mouthpiece
Last edited by LOWNOTEKING3 on Sun May 26, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sugawi
3 valves
3 valves

Re: G&W Roland Szentpali CC tuba mouthpiece/Denis Wick 1L

Post by sugawi »

Possible fraud alert with this seller. Sent funds for mouthpieces almost one month ago. No mouthpieces till this day. No tracking information, doesn’t respond to PM or voicemail. Once picked up the phone and hanged up right away as soon as I mentioned mouthpieces.
zeb
bugler
bugler

Re: G&W Roland Szentpali CC tuba mouthpiece/Denis Wick 1L

Post by zeb »

Very interesting, I am in a similar situation with this seller. Curious, which mouthpieces did you attempt to purchase? I sent funds for a Clements, Klier, Loud, and Monette about a month ago. Still haven't received anything.
sugawi wrote:Possible fraud alert with this seller. Sent funds for mouthpieces almost one month ago. No mouthpieces till this day. No tracking information, doesn’t respond to PM or voicemail. Once picked up the phone and hanged up right away as soon as I mentioned mouthpieces.
sugawi
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Tuba mouthpieces

Post by sugawi »

Zeb, just sent you PM.
Update:
Seller just called me, said his cell phone was stolen and will send mouthpieces on Tuesday.
LOWNOTEKING3
lurker
lurker

Post by LOWNOTEKING3 »

All is well fellas! Sorry for the mix up! Zeb the info is in your email,hope all is well! Great speaking with you Sugawi.
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Alex C »

Sounds like the seller is trying to do the right thing. It is scary when responses just stop, though.
City Intonation Inspector - Dallas Texas
"Holding the Bordognian Fabric of the Universe together through better pitch, one note at a time."

Practicing results in increased atmospheric CO2 thus causing global warming.
sactubaguy59
bugler
bugler

Post by sactubaguy59 »

I talked to a buyer who sent him money a month ago and has not received the mouthpiece.
1951 #2341 4 valve King with Holton Bell
2006 Miraphone #282
1960 Conn 14k 4 valve Bb standard bell or helicon bell option
Franken Helicon Conn 20k valves; Mammoth body; Miraphone bell
King fiberglass sousie with brass bell.
Conn24J
zeb
bugler
bugler

Post by zeb »

Has anyone here had any success with this seller? I'm still hoping for mouthpieces that I paid for at the beginning of the month. Apparently, the same mouthpieces that sugawi paid for.
Sam Chan
bugler
bugler

Post by Sam Chan »

Paid $200 for 2 Giddings mouthpieces on 24/5, was gonna wait for a while to comment if I still don’t heard back anything.

I’m not from the states so all I could do is send pm.
MW 2250TL “French Touch”
MW 3225S “Ursus”
Sterling Virtuoso 1065H
Thein BVD w/MV Bach 50 bell
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Sorry to hear this, guys.

I had asked about one of the mouthpieces, and received quick and friendly replies. He offered to send it to me free of charge for a trial, which either seemed naive or like a red flag. I didn't pursue it further, but didn't particularly think it was a bad thing, just unusual for a stranger.

Hope it all works out.
Gongadin
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Gongadin »

I'm not sure what to think of this situation. I am troubled by the reports in this thread, yet I see that the Seller has been a TubeNet member since 2014, and has posted in the past; so it doesn't seem like this person signed up recently to pull a quick scam.
Having said that, I was worried enough by the recent posts in this thread to open a case with the PayPal Resolution Centre. I received a quick reply from the PayPal account the Seller is using, but the reply wasn't from the Seller himself. It was from his Sister:
"I am not the seller , the seller on uses my paypal account to process money. If you need to get in contact with the seller , here is is number +1 (404) 345-6567 . His name is Spencer."
I wrote Jade back to ask if Spencer actually plays tuba, if he had these mouthpieces to sell, and if he had already claimed the money I sent him. She replied that he did play tuba (which would correlate with his being a member of this forum for the last five years), she wasn't sure if he had the mouthpieces to sell, and he did claim the money I sent.
I'm going to give Spencer the benefit of the doubt for the time being. I hope to get a response from him either to my PMs or my emails by tomorrow. If I don't, I will decide how to proceed.
joshealejo
3 valves
3 valves

Post by joshealejo »

I almost buy a couple of pieces. When I pmed him about pictures, I got a very friendly answer, but the pictures he sent me where weird... (he sent to me email) they were almost without Light, and only 1 piece, not the 2 I asked for... Then he sent me other pictures from other piece, he said It was a mistake. He then told me that he could send me the pieces and I could pay later, If I liked them and if no I could sent back. I refused because It did not seems fair to me to recieve something without send payment. Also I am not located in the US. He gave me his PayPal (because I asked for It and I said that I was ready to send payment but would not send anything if I do not have the pictures I asked for in the specific position I asked for. Then he told me a tale about his Conn 20K was stolen and that he needed to sell his pieces because he needed money for food and gas... He said many times that anything bad would occour and the he would never scam me... But I was feelings something bad about him, then he told me he could not send pictures because the mouthpieces were already packed because they were up on eBay many time... (and I ve never seen them.. And man... I CHECK EBAY LIKE 10 TIMES A DAY... So that was not true... Even then he said he was going to umpack them to send me the pictures, he said he already sent like 2 times but the pictures never arrived to my Mail... Anyway I am glad I did not sent anything to him...

So sorry of so long and confusing post. If someone want me to post or send my extense conversation with this man I could provide sreen shots.

Sincerely,
Jose
Some stuff
Aglenntuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Aglenntuba »

I'm currently waiting on this seller as well. I was promised tracking by the end of the week, so I am extending the benefit of the doubt until Monday. At that point, I'll probably call Spencer and see what he has to say, and potentially file my PayPal claim. I really do want to believe that it has just been a rough few weeks with the stolen phone and that everything will work out though. I agree that a lot of the situation sounds legit, despite the sketchy stuff.
sugawi
3 valves
3 valves

Post by sugawi »

Alex C wrote:Sounds like the seller is trying to do the right thing. It is scary when responses just stop, though.
He called last Sunday and apologized for not sending mouthpieces. Promised to send on Tuesday. I sent a text on Tuesday asking if he were able to send those mouthpieces. No response as of today.
joshealejo wrote:Then he told me a tale about his Conn 20K was stolen and that he needed to sell his pieces because he needed money for food and gas...
Seems strange, there is a story about 20K stolen, then he lists 20K for sale at 5PM and then edited message next morning at 7AM that it was picked up.
LOWNOTEKING3 wrote:Conn 20K body was picked up this morning! THANKS
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=92503&p=682521#p682521
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Sorry, everyone. I hope things can get resolved pretty quickly... :(
FarahShazam
4 valves
4 valves

Post by FarahShazam »

This person's account is deactivated until I hear otherwise.
--farah chisham
zeb
bugler
bugler

Post by zeb »

I finally received one of the four mouthpieces that I paid for. It was in terrible, mostly unusable condition.

He promised he would be shipping the remaining 3 this past weekend but I still have no tracking information on those.

Good luck to everyone involved.
Sam Chan
bugler
bugler

Post by Sam Chan »

Mark Finley wrote:any updates? I can provide his email address to anyone needing to reach him
Can you please forward his email? I paid for 2 mouthpieces but not heard any updates from him.
Would like to contact the seller.
MW 2250TL “French Touch”
MW 3225S “Ursus”
Sterling Virtuoso 1065H
Thein BVD w/MV Bach 50 bell
Gongadin
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Gongadin »

I originally posted my entire experience with this seller (Spencer), which was probably too long-winded to bother reading.
The bottom line is:
If you can't get a hold of this seller, or if he's been giving you excuses, promises, and a song and dance about hard times, open a PayPal dispute.
If you don't receive any responses to your emails, texts or phone calls, escalate your dispute to a PayPal claim.
He's using his sister's account to "process money", and when you escalate to a claim PayPal will freeze her account.
This will most likely prompt a flurry of messages from Spencer and his sister Jade.
Tell them you want a full refund before you'll close your claim.
Spencer might ask you to close the claim and promise to send you the money via Western Union. Do not get fooled twice - stand firm and only accept a full refund from Jade's account through PayPal.
If you sent a money order or check through the mail and you've received something not as described, or nothing at all, that's mail fraud and should be reported to your postal system and the local police force at Spencer's locale.
Hope everyone's situation gets resolved.
Last edited by Gongadin on Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FarahShazam
4 valves
4 valves

Post by FarahShazam »

I've reinstated this user's account.
--farah chisham