Parke Ofenloch 2-P mpc for sale - Sold!

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
kingrob76
3 valves
3 valves

Parke Ofenloch 2-P mpc for sale - Sold!

Post by kingrob76 »

I have a Parke Ofenloch 2-P for sale - this one has a Bronze core and is labeled "Bronze HD". It has a standard size shank (or something in-between standard and euro, I get .523 when I measure it) and just doesn't sit well in my horn.

Here's what the good people at Parke Mouthpiece Center had to say about the Bronze:

We began experimenting with the bronze alloy many years ago. The bronze is a denser material than the brass, so it is slightly heavier. Some players like the bronze, others prefer the brass, so it is based on personl preference.

Here is what Gary Ofenloch says about the bronze:

"I have played the bronze Parke mouthpiece next to my brass Parke mouthpiece for several of my fellow brass players on several occasions, both in rehearsals and performances. Almost all of us agree that there is a difference, but there is a varying opinion on which one we like best. I often use the bronze mouthpiece when the tuba part calls for a very dark and contra-bass heavy quality. The bronze mouthpiece also seems helpful in the extreme soft dynamics, as I notice more fundamentals in the sound and less high overtones, thus resulting in a quieter and less present quality. The downside is that I seem to have less of an ability to vary the timbre, and it’s more difficult to get a projecting “zing” in the sound; but sometimes less “zing” is exactly what I’m looking for. Quite honestly I see a purpose for both the brass and the bronze.”

Specs!

1300 diameter = 1.300 inches (33 mm)
1000 cup depth = 1.000 inches
P throat (larger than the original Park 2, which had an N throat. The original has a Q throat)
Standard shank

The #2 isn't as deep as the original but has the same rim. This mouthpiece was just buffed and re-plated in gold by Dillon Music and looks amazing - at worst it looks lightly used and there's a case for calling it "like new". Of all the heavy shell mouthpieces I believe these are the "sexiest" in terms of the design.

Price is $225 which includes shipping. Pictures below, and upon request. Please PM me if interested.

Rob Ross
Last edited by kingrob76 on Sun May 24, 2020 8:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Rob. Just Rob.
kingrob76
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Parke Ofenloch 2-P mpc for sale

Post by kingrob76 »

Bump
Rob. Just Rob.
kingrob76
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Parke Ofenloch 2-P mpc for sale