F and CC tubas for sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Tubageek
bugler
bugler

F and CC tubas for sale

Post by Tubageek »

I'd like to sell at least one of my tubas. I'm working more and more as a repairman than as a player (and I'm working more as a woodwind repairman) so it doesn't make sense to have $10,000 in tubas in my apartment (yes, I have more that I'm not listing for sale). Here they are:

Yamaha 661 CC. It's the one of the most versitile tubas I've ever played. I have it advertised on bassclefbrass.com, let me know if you can't find it there or have further questions. $4000, firm.

Meinl Weston 45SLP. I bought it a few months ago from David Graves, but I can't justify having this tuba when I play flute more than tuba. I resoldered one of the tuning slide tubes back onto the tuning slide crook (they missed it at the factory) and lapped the top 1/4" of the first valve because it was sticking on the way up. (I didn't lap the whole thing because I didn't want to affect the seal of the valve.) It comes with a flight case. I'm open to any reasonable offers. My email is tubageek@fastmail.fm.

I'm willing to trade either instrument for other wind instruments, regardless of type or condition. (Although I'm much more interested in instruments that I can fix and resell.)

Scott
Tubageek
bugler
bugler

Tubas sold

Post by Tubageek »

Both tubas have been sold. Thanks for all who have inquired about them.

Scott
Last edited by Tubageek on Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Tubas sold

Post by Chuck(G) »

Tubageek wrote:Believe it or not, I keep getting inquiries regarding the 45SLP, despite the fact that I posted this several months ago. (And despite the fact that IMO, the Yamaha was by far the better of the two instruments, yet no one asked about that.) (I'm more amused than annoyed, but I would like the inquiries to stop.) So I'm writing to say that neither instrument is still available. Both were traded several months ago for instruments I can fix and sell. Thanks for the interest.

Scott
Believe it or not, you could have simply deleted (or edited) your first post when you sold the instruments. Please don't blame the TubeNet readers for their continued interest--you did nothing to indicate that the instruments had been disposed of.
Tubageek
bugler
bugler

I guess I just assumed....

Post by Tubageek »

I guess I just assumed that after 3 months or so, people would stop asking if for no other reason that the message would be hard to find. No offense was intended, and I apologize if I came across as crass.

Btw, would a message posted 6 months ago be hard to find? I haven't been on here much since Sean went to the new format (hence I didn't even look to see if I could edit messages) so I haven't seen what we can do now that we couldn't a year ago.

Scott