FS/FT: Rudy Meinl 4/4 F Bookmark and Share

Sell and buy equipment. Please clearly label either as SPONSOR, WTB, or For Sale. Will keep the WTB forum available until Sept 1, 2019.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment (as well as Wanting To Buy), but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

FS/FT: Rudy Meinl 4/4 F

Postby lowtones425 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:50 pm

For sale is my beloved Rudy Meinl 4/4 F tuba. I have been hit with some unexpected expenses and I’m not playing as much F tuba these days.

This horn is a wonderful example of the German Rotor F tuba. I’ve never encountered an instrument with more color and beauty in the sound. Intonation is surprisingly manageable, despite having some of the typical rotor F quirks.

I had a friend (at the time) take care of converting it from 4+2 to 5+ 1. I don’t know who actually did the conversion but it works well.

This horn is in very decent shape, exceptions being that it has a dent in the bottom bow (seen in pictures), it could use a cleaning, and the linkage is pretty clanky. Minor dings present throughout the instrument, and it does have some lacquer wear.

The horn will come with an Altieri bag. For an additional $250.00, I can throw in a lovely Jakob Winter hard case. No mouthpiece is included, tho I recommend the Breslmair F3.

Pictures here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drgtwx7asV" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Asking $7,000.00, reasonable offers will be considered. No trades.

Tuba is located in Boston, MA. I am very wary of shipping, but if necessary, it would be at the buyers expense and risk. Local pickup definitely preferred, I will gladly buy you a beer and a bowl of chowder. I can probably arrange for the use of a nice space for you to play test as well.

:tuba: :tuba: :tuba:
Last edited by lowtones425 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eastman 6/4 CC - Canadian Brass Helleberg
Rudy Meinl 4/4 F - Breslmair F3
Olds BBb Sousaphone
(Username formerly mcvfifer)
lowtones425
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Rudy Meinl 4/4 F

Postby lowtones425 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:50 pm

Bump

Might be open to trading for a YFB621S. (In the vain hope that it might be a tad more versatile) :-O
Rudy Meinl 4/4 F - Breslmair F3
Olds BBb Sousaphone
(Username formerly mcvfifer)
lowtones425
bugler
bugler

Re: FS/FT: Rudy Meinl 4/4 F

Postby lowtones425 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:30 am

Bump

A couple nibbles, but no bites.