Yamaha Eb tuba w/5th valve rotor $2500(+ship)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
tbonesf
lurker
lurker

Yamaha Eb tuba w/5th valve rotor $2500(+ship)

Post by tbonesf »

SOLD
Yamaha Eb tuba w/custom 5th valve rotor $2500(+shipping)
https://imgur.com/gallery/XwG2fbZ" target="_blank" target="_blank

This tuba is a great all-around horn. It blows free and is in-tune, throughout. The 5th valve was created by the Bay Area's very own, Dick Akright. The 5th valve trigger is positioned so the thumb of the right-hand slips into the thumb ring to move the first valve tuning slide. Needs polishing, but the silver plate is about 98%. The fifth valve and the handguard are the only places brass is showing. Valve plating shows signs of wear, but are tight, none-the-less.

*Has one rather minor dent, and several very small dents from use (shown).

I hate to sell this tuba, but need to make space in my stall. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Marc T. Bolin
Eastman Recording and Performing Artist, Los Angeles
Denis Wick Performing Artist
Last edited by tbonesf on Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tbonesf
lurker
lurker

Re: Yamaha Eb tuba w/5th valve rotor $2500(+ship)

Post by tbonesf »

Also, I'll include the Cronkhite gig bag for an additional $200.

http://imgur.com/gallery/s1s6i0Y" target="_blank
*the zipper is close to breaking at the very end of the zip. It DOES zip closed, though. It'll have to be repaired at some point. It's well used--and shows it--but is a great case, and can be dry cleaned.
Marc T. Bolin
Eastman Recording and Performing Artist, Los Angeles
Denis Wick Performing Artist
daktx2
bugler
bugler

Post by daktx2 »

Since these are relatively uncommon and I am about 1 year into ownership of one, I'm just going to throw in an unsolicited testimonial.

Yamaha 381/321's with long whole step 5th valves are nice basstubas, with intuitive low registers, good intonation, and shockingly good projection for a horn that only has a 15 inch bell. They punch above their weight as large ensemble basstubas, and are dynamite quintet horns. Yamaha still makes the 321, so parts availability is not a problem, but having the fifth valve corrects the serious flaw in the 321 (no in tune low Ab and F, and no E at all). Don't let the top action scare you off, it doesn't take that long to acclimate!

Good luck on the sale.
Weltklang B&S Symphonie F tuba
Bohm and Meinl 5520 C tuba
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

daktx2 wrote: ...shockingly good projection for a horn that only has a 15 inch bell...

Good luck on the sale.
A proportionally sized bell has a lot to do with the projection.