Custom front-action Martin Mammoth

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
T. J. Ricer
pro musician
pro musician

Custom front-action Martin Mammoth

Post by T. J. Ricer »

Hey guys,

I have a great four-valve, front-action, recording-bell, silver-plated Martin Mammoth BBb Tuba for sale. (Wessex does make an upright bell for these, but I am only including the original recording bell in this sale).

Tabor Fischer flipped it from a three-valve, top-action horn. His ad from a couple of years ago: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=71663&p=584781&hili ... in#p584781" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Me playing it at an HSO outdoor show:

I have played it a handful of times in the Hawaii Symphony and the Royal Hawaiian Band, but, as I have a band-owned BBb to use, I’m not playing this enough to justify keeping it.

I am in Honolulu, but with the detachable recording bell, it can be shipped via USPS in two packages.

Asking $3800, but open to offers. I need to get some horns out the door and money in the bank, so I’m not looking for trades, but I could do a partial trade plus some money if you’ve got something interesting...
Thomas J. Ricer, DMA
Royal Hawaiian Band - University of Hawaii at Manoa - Yamaha Performing Artist

http://www.TJRicer.com

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -John Lennon
cbettler
bugler
bugler

Re: Custom front-action Martin Mammoth

Post by cbettler »

I have heard TJ play this horn, and he sounded fantastic. Great bass sound for the band, even throughout all registers. While a lot of that might be the exceptionally good user input, he did not seem to be struggling at all to make it work. Whoever buys this will be getting an outstanding instrument in my (unsolicited) opinion. And you will be buying from one of the nicest and most honest people I know.

Chris
Chris Bettler
Tuba Instrumentalist, US Navy Music Program
T. J. Ricer
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Custom front-action Martin Mammoth

Post by T. J. Ricer »

Wow, thanks Chris!

Here are some more pics:

Thomas J. Ricer, DMA
Royal Hawaiian Band - University of Hawaii at Manoa - Yamaha Performing Artist

http://www.TJRicer.com

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -John Lennon